Quantcast

vlogin

ISC

vlogin

ISC
Anybody have any ideas..... I installed vlogin and setup the default
config.php - the "typical" one.
Unable to login with full domain i.e. [hidden email] - The only way
to login is to set $dontUseHostName = 1
Now I can login with username only, but are unable to send email with
current domain name (host) or URL I'm using.
It seems as if the default domain I have in the squirrelmail setup
script is over riding all my vlogin variables and array settings
inside the vlogin config file.
Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bob.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins

Re: vlogin

Paul Lesniewski
On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM, ISC <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anybody have any ideas..... I installed vlogin and setup the default
> config.php - the "typical" one.
> Unable to login with full domain i.e. [hidden email]

Why do you want to force your users to do so much typing?  One of the
main points of Login Manager is so you DON'T have to do that.

> - The only way
> to login is to set $dontUseHostName = 1

Then that's what your IMAP server requires.  IMAP client software
can't change how you set up your IMAP server in the first place.

> Now I can login with username only, but are unable to send email with
> current domain name (host) or URL I'm using.

There's nothing anyone can suggest to you with such a vague problem
description.  Did you even read the mailing list posting guidelines
before you posted?

> It seems as if the default domain I have in the squirrelmail setup
> script is over riding all my vlogin variables and array settings
> inside the vlogin config file.
> Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bob.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins

Re: vlogin

Michael A. Puls II
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 03:21:41 -0400, ISC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I installed vlogin and setup the default config.php - the "typical" one.
> Unable to login with full domain i.e. [hidden email]

I'm using the vlogin plug-in and logging in with 'user' and
'[hidden email]' both work fine. But, I left everything at default and
didn't even rename any of the sample configs to config.php. In other
words, I don't have config.php.

--
Michael

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins
ISC

Re: vlogin

ISC
ok, an update - I found my domain name problem.
squirrelmail is pulling the domain out of my hosts file. localhost
entry: 127.0.0.1  domain1.com  domain2.com
note: I have virtual domain hosting setup and working in apache2 [debian]
Squirrel is using the first domain it sees and ignores the one I am
currently browsed to. i.e. domain2    - Likely by design, and I'm
doing something wrong, but.....
Can I use vlogin to override this hosts file entry? I tried but can't
get it working.

ps I been using squirrelmail on 8 difference servers for years now
(love it), so be nice in the reply.
ps2 if you need more info I will comply  :-))

At 09:37 PM 10/2/2010, you wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM, ISC <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Anybody have any ideas..... I installed vlogin and setup the default
> > config.php - the "typical" one.
> > Unable to login with full domain i.e. [hidden email]
>
>Why do you want to force your users to do so much typing?  One of the
>main points of Login Manager is so you DON'T have to do that.
>
> > - The only way
> > to login is to set $dontUseHostName = 1
>
>Then that's what your IMAP server requires.  IMAP client software
>can't change how you set up your IMAP server in the first place.
>
> > Now I can login with username only, but are unable to send email with
> > current domain name (host) or URL I'm using.
>
>There's nothing anyone can suggest to you with such a vague problem
>description.  Did you even read the mailing list posting guidelines
>before you posted?
>
> > It seems as if the default domain I have in the squirrelmail setup
> > script is over riding all my vlogin variables and array settings
> > inside the vlogin config file.
> > Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bob.
>
>--
>Paul Lesniewski
>SquirrelMail Team
>Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!
>http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php

>List address: [hidden email]
>List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins
>List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins

Re: vlogin

Paul Lesniewski
You were asked to read the mailing list posting guidelines, but
apparently you did not.  Please do, and please note the section about
avoiding top posting in favor or in-line posting.

>> > Anybody have any ideas..... I installed vlogin and setup the default
>> > config.php - the "typical" one.
>> > Unable to login with full domain i.e. [hidden email]
>>
>>Why do you want to force your users to do so much typing?  One of the
>>main points of Login Manager is so you DON'T have to do that.
>>
>> > - The only way
>> > to login is to set $dontUseHostName = 1
>>
>>Then that's what your IMAP server requires.  IMAP client software
>>can't change how you set up your IMAP server in the first place.
>>
>> > Now I can login with username only, but are unable to send email with
>> > current domain name (host) or URL I'm using.
>>
>>There's nothing anyone can suggest to you with such a vague problem
>>description.  Did you even read the mailing list posting guidelines
>>before you posted?
>>
>> > It seems as if the default domain I have in the squirrelmail setup
>> > script is over riding all my vlogin variables and array settings
>> > inside the vlogin config file.
>> > Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bob.
>
> ok, an update - I found my domain name problem.
> squirrelmail is pulling the domain out of my hosts file. localhost
> entry: 127.0.0.1  domain1.com  domain2.com

No it's not.  SquirrelMail doesn't know about such files.  You might
be confusing the rest of your mail system with SquirrelMail, which is
only an IMAP client.

> note: I have virtual domain hosting setup and working in apache2 [debian]
> Squirrel is using the first domain it sees and ignores the one I am
> currently browsed to. i.e. domain2    - Likely by design, and I'm
> doing something wrong, but.....
> Can I use vlogin to override this hosts file entry? I tried but can't
> get it working.

SquirrelMail uses whatever domain you tell it to use in the
configuration file (or you can override the domain setting with the
many tweaks that Login Manager makes possible).  When mail is sent
out, though, the MTA will handle messages per its configuration.
That's likely where you need to look.  You can't start hosting email
for multiple domains without setting up your email system to do so,
and SquirrelMail does not comprise your entire mail system.

> ps I been using squirrelmail on 8 difference servers for years now
> (love it), so be nice in the reply.

We're really pleased that you're a long-time user, and please don't
take any straight-to-the-point answers as a lack of gratitude for your
continued usage of our software.

> ps2 if you need more info I will comply  :-))

Don't make us ask.  Respect our time and do your homework *first* -
read the mailing list posting guidelines.  However, chances are, this
is not even a SquirrelMail issue in the first place.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins