variable sent folder not showing up

dj_segfault
Hi.  I'm using squirrelmail 2:1.4.22-1|| under Ubuntu 12.04, which seems
to be working fine.  As far as I can tell, that's the latest stable
release, though I see lots of references to later releases.

I installed several plugins that seem to be working fine, but one that
is very important to me is variable_sent_folder
(http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=100)
I added the latest one, and it shows up in the installed plugins list in
conf.pl, but it doesn't appear on the squirrelmail compose screen.
Then I saw that the latest release is for SquirrelMail 1.4.6+.  I
replaced it with version 0.4 from 2003 (unfortunately I forgot to
uninstall first so I had to edit the config and plugins file), then
installed it through conf.pl, but it's still not showing up.  I don't
see anything in my apache logs.

The newer version is owned by a completely different person than the old
version, and with the old version being over 10 years old, I'm hesitant
to contact the author.  I'm hoping someone can give me a clue of what to
try.

Alternately, is there an ubuntu package way of installing a newer (but
not necessarily bleeding edge) version of Squirrelmail?

Thanks in advance.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins

Re: variable sent folder not showing up

Paul Lesniewski
> I installed several plugins that seem to be working fine, but one that
> is very important to me is variable_sent_folder
> (http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=100)
> I added the latest one, and it shows up in the installed plugins list in
> conf.pl, but it doesn't appear on the squirrelmail compose screen.

Options ==> Folder Preferences

Also, it appears you didn't bother to look at the configuration file.

> Then I saw that the latest release is for SquirrelMail 1.4.6+.

"+" means "and above"

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins

On 02/27/2014 09:57 PM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>> I installed several plugins that seem to be working fine, but one that
>> is very important to me is variable_sent_folder
>> (http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=100)
>> I added the latest one, and it shows up in the installed plugins list in
>> conf.pl, but it doesn't appear on the squirrelmail compose screen.
> Options ==> Folder Preferences

That worked.  Thank you very much.

> Also, it appears you didn't bother to look at the configuration file.

I don't generally have to when installing the few plugins I'm using now,
and without getting into an argument about what is obvious to someone
who did not write the code, "// Show options on folder preferences page"
doesn't really tell the uninitiated "you won't see this feature unless
you go to the Options ==> Folder Preferences page and change the 'Enable
Custom Sent Folder Selector' option".  Unless you were alluding to some
other part of it, but that's all I could find.  Again, not trying to
start an argument over this, and I do appreciate your help, but that
does not seem so obvious that I deserve chastising for not figuring that
out.  You were nice enough to create a docs folder with documentation,
and I don't see any mention of it there, either.

>> Then I saw that the latest release is for SquirrelMail 1.4.6+.
> "+" means "and above"

Yes, that was silly on my part.  For some reason at the time I saw my
version as 1.4.2.2 instead of 1.4.22 so in my head 1.4.6+ was newer.  I
uninstalled the older version and reinstalled this one, which is working
fine.  Thanks again.

And my apologies for cross-posting.  I wasn't even aware of the separate
list for plugins until I saw it mentioned in an email in
squirrelmail-users, and that was after I sent the first one.  Now I'm
subscribed to both and that won't happen again.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:46 AM, David Kramer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Also, it appears you didn't bother to look at the configuration file.
>
> I don't generally have to when installing the few plugins I'm using now,
> and without getting into an argument about what is obvious to someone
> who did not write the code, "// Show options on folder preferences page"
> doesn't really tell the uninitiated "you won't see this feature unless
> you go to the Options ==> Folder Preferences page and change the 'Enable
> Custom Sent Folder Selector' option".  Unless you were alluding to some
> other part of it, but that's all I could find.

The setup.php file is not the configuration file.  Looking at the file
names, the correct file should be obvious, but if it's not, you should
re-read the INSTALL document.

Glad it's working for you.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins