squirrelmail tatar translation package

q.d

squirrelmail tatar translation package

q.d
hello. i have made tatar translation.

i have made header this way:

# Tatar (tt) SquirrelMail Translation
# po template copyright (c) 1999-2009 The SquirrelMail Project Team
# tatar translation copyright (c) Dinar Qurbanof <[hidden email]>
# This file is distributed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2
# Dinar Qurbanof <[hidden email]>, 2009-2010.
# $Id: squirrelmail.pot 13706 2009-05-15 15:09:55Z jervfors $
##, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: SquirrelMail STABLE\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: SquirrelMail Internationalization <squirrelmail-"
"[hidden email]>\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2009-05-15 16:50+0200\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2009-12-31 23:36+3\n"
"Last-Translator: Dinar Qurbanof <[hidden email]>\n"
"Language-Team: Dinar Qurbanof <[hidden email]>\n"

i think it should be ok, because in
http://squirrelmail.org/docs/translator/translator-1.html it is said:

>New translations should be licensed under the GNU GPL or
>another open license *or* copyright should be
>assigned to SquirrelMail developers.

here i have shown "or" with asterisks. being under gnu gpl is enough,
and being copyrighted to SquirrelMail developers is enough.

why most translators has set copyright to "SquirrelMail developers" -
i do not know. i do not know who are they. do you, translators, know,
that copyright owner can change licence? ok, maybe you do not bother
if your translation is used in closed source commercial program and
you are not paid. (probably many commercial programs are translated
for free). and do you know that gnu gpl "punbb" forum script copyright
is sold?

i have attached package.

tt_RU-20101209.tar.gz (93K) Download Attachment

Re: squirrelmail tatar translation package

Tomas Kuliavas
q.d wrote
why most translators has set copyright to "SquirrelMail developers" -
i do not know. i do not know who are they. do you, translators, know,
that copyright owner can change licence? ok, maybe you do not bother
if your translation is used in closed source commercial program and
you are not paid. (probably many commercial programs are translated
for free). and do you know that gnu gpl "punbb" forum script copyright
is sold?
People set copyrights to the team, when they feel that they are part of the team. I prefer not to question people why they choose BSD, public domain or some GPL version or why they choose to assign copyrights to some group.

Copyright owner can change the license only for newer package releases and in case of SquirrelMail this copyright statement is not formal. There is no legal entity called 'SquirrelMail Project' or 'SquirrelMail Developers'. All code contributed to SquirrelMail belongs to contributors.

q.d

Re: squirrelmail tatar translation package

q.d
Hello. Today after message of release of new squirrelmail i have
looked for my translation and have seen that i needed not wait till
today - translations are in separate files. i have seen that my tatar
translation is not there.
Have you just forgotten my translation?

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: squirrelmail tatar translation package

Paul Lesniewski
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:19 PM, dinar qurbanov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello. Today after message of release of new squirrelmail i have
> looked for my translation and have seen that i needed not wait till
> today - translations are in separate files. i have seen that my tatar
> translation is not there.
> Have you just forgotten my translation?

No, we have not.  Translations have all been a bit neglected over the
last year, but in the coming months, we're going to start catching up
with them, including yours.

Thanks for your patience.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: squirrelmail tatar translation package

Jordi Sanfeliu
Paul,

Please, when you verify all the new translations make sure you have the
latest Catalan files (including the 'sec_remove_ca_ES.png' file) I sent
you several months ago.

If not let me know, and I'll send you all of them again.
Many thanks.

--
Jordi Sanfeliu
FIBRANET Network Services Provider

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: squirrelmail tatar translation package

Donald Rubinstein
Paul,

I have received quite a few of these. The person that opened this for me
is no longer working for me.  I am not a tech in this regard and though I
use squirrel mail a lot, I have no idea of what you speak.  Do I have to
'do' anything with all these changes?

Thank you!

Donald Rubinstein

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:19 PM, dinar qurbanov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello. Today after message of release of new squirrelmail i have
> looked for my translation and have seen that i needed not wait till
> today - translations are in separate files. i have seen that my tatar
> translation is not there.
> Have you just forgotten my translation?

No, we have not.  Translations have all been a bit neglected over the
last year, but in the coming months, we're going to start catching up
with them, including yours.

Thanks for your patience.

Information about translations:
http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/LanguageTranslation
Statistics for translations: http://l10n-stats.squirrelmail.org/
List address: [hidden email]
List archives:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization
List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

Donald Rubinstein
http://www.donaldrubinstein.com

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: squirrelmail tatar translation package

Paul Lesniewski
Donald,

> I have received quite a few of these. The person that opened this for me
> is no longer working for me.  I am not a tech in this regard and though I
> use squirrel mail a lot, I have no idea of what you speak.  Do I have to
> 'do' anything with all these changes?

I don't know what exactly someone "opened" for you, but if your
email/web system administrator has left you in charge of such systems
and you don't really know much about them, then I suggest you seek
professional support services.

Please see:

http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/OfficialSupport

Good luck