problem with folders and custom login

Christian Schmitz-4
Hi everyone:
        I have a problem on SquirrelMail versión 1.4.23 [SVN] using floders:
I think that the best way to understand  the problem, is looking the attached
image.

Scenario:
 Account1 (regalos@.....) have a folder named "EVENTS"
 Account2 (info@......) do not have this folder

Action:
1)Login into account1 (you will see the "events" folders)
2)hit disconnect link
3)Login into account2 ( you will NOT see the "events"folder) (right)
4)Hit disconnect link
5)Login into account1 (you will see the "events" folders again)
6)CLOSE THE TAB !!!!!!!!!
7)Login into account2 ( you will see the folderders of ACCOUNT1 ) ( wrong)
8)CLOSE the tab !!!!!
9)use squirrelmail login
10)problem solved.

NOTE: I use a custom login with this code on an fixed html:
                <form method="Post"
action="http://www.schweb.com.ar/webmail/src/redirect.php">
  <center>
maxlength="128" /></td>
maxlegth="128" /></td>
  </center>
                </form>

Sadly i have a customer with 3 email accounts and is calling me up to 2 or 3
times at day claiming their "magically disapeared folders" jejejeje.

Best Regards
Christian

--
En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: problem with folders and custom login

Christian Schmitz-4
I edited "redirect.php" and i add on line 33 the following:

"sqsession_destroy();"

so the redirect look like:

require_once(SM_PATH . 'functions/plugin.php');
require_once(SM_PATH . 'functions/constants.php');
require_once(SM_PATH . 'functions/page_header.php');

sqsession_destroy();
// Disable Browser Caching
//
header('Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate');
header('Pragma: no-cache');

Best Regards
Christian

--
En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows
http://www.schdev.com.ar
http://gnc2.schdev.com.ar

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

On 11/25/15, Christian Schmitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone:
> I have a problem on SquirrelMail versión 1.4.23 [SVN] using floders:
> I think that the best way to understand  the problem, is looking the
> attached
> image.
>
> Scenario:
>  Account1 (regalos@.....) have a folder named "EVENTS"
>  Account2 (info@......) do not have this folder
>
> Action:
> 1)Login into account1 (you will see the "events" folders)
> 2)hit disconnect link
> 3)Login into account2 ( you will NOT see the "events"folder) (right)
> 4)Hit disconnect link
> 5)Login into account1 (you will see the "events" folders again)
> 6)CLOSE THE TAB !!!!!!!!!
> 7)Login into account2 ( you will see the folderders of ACCOUNT1 ) ( wrong)

This is a known "issue" with SquirelMail because of the way it uses
cookies to manage login sessions.  You may want to try the login_check
plugin.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

El Mié 25 Nov 2015, Paul Lesniewski escribió:

> On 11/25/15, Christian Schmitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone:
> > I have a problem on SquirrelMail versión 1.4.23 [SVN] using floders:
> > I think that the best way to understand  the problem, is looking the
> > attached
> > image.
> >
> > Scenario:
> >  Account1 (regalos@.....) have a folder named "EVENTS"
> >  Account2 (info@......) do not have this folder
> >
> > Action:
> > 1)Login into account1 (you will see the "events" folders)
> > 2)hit disconnect link
> > 3)Login into account2 ( you will NOT see the "events"folder) (right)
> > 4)Hit disconnect link
> > 5)Login into account1 (you will see the "events" folders again)
> > 6)CLOSE THE TAB !!!!!!!!!
> > 7)Login into account2 ( you will see the folderders of ACCOUNT1 ) (
> > wrong)
>
> This is a known "issue" with SquirelMail because of the way it uses
> cookies to manage login sessions.  You may want to try the login_check
> plugin.
I think that erasing session cookies in the first lines of src/redirect.php
this issue solve it.
Seem is working fine until few test that i do, but if this dont work , i think
that other turnaround can be some like:
src/custom_login.php
where custom_login.php is a php script that perform 2 simple things:
1) erase session data.
2) call to redirect.php

Best Regards
Christian

--
En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows
http://www.schdev.com.ar
http://gnc2.schdev.com.ar

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: problem with folders and custom login

Paul Lesniewski
On 11/25/15, Christian Schmitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El Mié 25 Nov 2015, Paul Lesniewski escribió:
>> On 11/25/15, Christian Schmitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi everyone:
>> > I have a problem on SquirrelMail versión 1.4.23 [SVN] using floders:
>> > I think that the best way to understand  the problem, is looking the
>> > attached
>> > image.
>> >
>> > Scenario:
>> >  Account1 (regalos@.....) have a folder named "EVENTS"
>> >  Account2 (info@......) do not have this folder
>> >
>> > Action:
>> > 1)Login into account1 (you will see the "events" folders)
>> > 2)hit disconnect link
>> > 3)Login into account2 ( you will NOT see the "events"folder) (right)
>> > 4)Hit disconnect link
>> > 5)Login into account1 (you will see the "events" folders again)
>> > 6)CLOSE THE TAB !!!!!!!!!
>> > 7)Login into account2 ( you will see the folderders of ACCOUNT1 ) (
>> > wrong)
>>
>> This is a known "issue" with SquirelMail because of the way it uses
>> cookies to manage login sessions.  You may want to try the login_check
>> plugin.
> I think that erasing session cookies in the first lines of src/redirect.php
> this issue solve it.
> Seem is working fine until few test that i do, but if this dont work , i
> think
> that other turnaround can be some like:
> src/custom_login.php
> where custom_login.php is a php script that perform 2 simple things:
> 1) erase session data.
> 2) call to redirect.php

These issues have been discussed and analyzed extensively in past
years.  The login_check plugin was suggested because it is the
accepted solution if your users don't understand they need to use the
sign out link.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user