Quantcast

filter based on header

Marchello Lippi
 Hi all,

How do I create filter based on header?
I can see "Match: header" among filter types.
The header I would like to filter is: "Received: from c1.b1.a1.com" where
"c1" part can change, but "b1.a1.com" part is always the same.
Please help me to do it properly.
Thanks ahead.

--
Marchello Lippi

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: filter based on header

mick.crane

On Wed, February 24, 2016 1:09 pm, Marchello Lippi wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> How do I create filter based on header?
> I can see "Match: header" among filter types.
> The header I would like to filter is: "Received: from c1.b1.a1.com"
> where "c1" part can change, but "b1.a1.com" part is always the same.
>  Please help me to do it properly.
> Thanks ahead.

use procmail

> List address: [hidden email]
> List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

key ID: 0x4BFEBB31

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: filter based on header

On 2/24/16, Marchello Lippi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
> How do I create filter based on header?
> I can see "Match: header" among filter types.
> The header I would like to filter is: "Received: from c1.b1.a1.com" where
> "c1" part can change, but "b1.a1.com" part is always the same.
> Please help me to do it properly.
> Thanks ahead.

You have to specify what filtering tool you use before anyone can be
of much help.  I can only guess and say that if the filtering
mechanism you're using supports regular expression matching, you'd
probably put something like:

With or without the delimiters.  If wildcards are used for more simple
matching, just:

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: filter based on header

Marchello Lippi
 Hi Paul,

I do not use any other filtering tools but built-in filters in
SquirrelMail 1.4.23 [SVN]. I just can not made it work with headers (but
From-based and Subject-based rules works fine). Hope to find out how to
set it without external tools like procmail. Any built-in specific filter
example for headers will be appreciated.

Marchello Lippi
[hidden email]

Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> On 2/24/16, Marchello Lippi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  Hi all,
>>
>> How do I create filter based on header?
>> I can see "Match: header" among filter types.
>> The header I would like to filter is: "Received: from c1.b1.a1.com"
>> where
>> "c1" part can change, but "b1.a1.com" part is always the same.
>> Please help me to do it properly.
>> Thanks ahead.
>
> You have to specify what filtering tool you use before anyone can be
> of much help.  I can only guess and say that if the filtering
> mechanism you're using supports regular expression matching, you'd
> probably put something like:

> With or without the delimiters.  If wildcards are used for more simple
> matching, just:

> --
> Paul Lesniewski
> SquirrelMail Team
> Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!
> http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: filter based on header

Paul Lesniewski
Please do not top-post.

> Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>> On 2/24/16, Marchello Lippi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>> How do I create filter based on header?
>>> I can see "Match: header" among filter types.
>>> The header I would like to filter is: "Received: from c1.b1.a1.com"
>>> where
>>> "c1" part can change, but "b1.a1.com" part is always the same.
>>> Please help me to do it properly.
>>> Thanks ahead.
>>
>> You have to specify what filtering tool you use before anyone can be
>> of much help.  I can only guess and say that if the filtering
>> mechanism you're using supports regular expression matching, you'd
>> probably put something like:

>> With or without the delimiters.  If wildcards are used for more simple
>> matching, just:

> I do not use any other filtering tools but built-in filters in
> SquirrelMail 1.4.23 [SVN]. I just can not made it work with headers (but
> From-based and Subject-based rules works fine). Hope to find out how to
> set it without external tools like procmail. Any built-in specific filter
> example for headers will be appreciated.

There's no built-in filtering.  There is a plugin that SquirrelMail
ships with called "filters" that you must enable in order to use it.
If that's what you did, you have to be specific if you want us to help
you.

The SquirrelMail filters plugin uses IMAP search commands which do not
support wildcards.  In that case you should be able to use this:

And it should match on the substring ".b1.c1.com"

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user