empty 'From:' field is some messages

Marchello Lippi
 Hi all,

SquirrelMail 1.4.23 [SVN]

Some of messages in my inbox are displayed with empty 'From:' field.

I tried to compare those messages with empty 'From:' field with normal
messages.

Normally, "From:" field in header has "Some name" <user@host>, but this
'Some name' is absent and "From:" is only <user@host>

How do I display <user@host> instead of empty 'From:' field?

Sorry if this was discussed already before, I tried to google it, but
found nothing.

Thanks ahead,

--
Marchello Lippi

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: empty 'From:' field is some messages

"Tóth Attila"
Please check out this bug as a starter:
https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/bugs/2806/
Besides you are using SVN, it would be good to know when did you pulled
the source?
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057

2016.Február 12.(P) 18:50 időpontban Marchello Lippi ezt írta:

>  Hi all,
>
> SquirrelMail 1.4.23 [SVN]
>
> Some of messages in my inbox are displayed with empty 'From:' field.
>
> I tried to compare those messages with empty 'From:' field with normal
> messages.
>
> Normally, "From:" field in header has "Some name" <user@host>, but this
> 'Some name' is absent and "From:" is only <user@host>
>
> How do I display <user@host> instead of empty 'From:' field?
>
> Sorry if this was discussed already before, I tried to google it, but
> found nothing.
>
> Thanks ahead,
>
> --
> Marchello Lippi

> List address: [hidden email]
> List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: empty 'From:' field is some messages

Marchello Lippi
 Tóth Attila,

Thanks for your reply.
Looked at your link provided and found patch
quoted_printable_fix-1.4.x-version_3.diff (honestly, don't know how to
apply it, but hope will find the solution).

Speaking of the source, I used apt-get install, so maybe the repository is
not refreshed yet.

Have a good day and best regards,

--
Marchello Lippi

"Tóth Attila" wrote:

> Please check out this bug as a starter:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/bugs/2806/
> Besides you are using SVN, it would be good to know when did you pulled
> the source?
> --
> dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
> Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057
>
> 2016.Február 12.(P) 18:50 időpontban Marchello Lippi ezt írta:
>>  Hi all,
>>
>> SquirrelMail 1.4.23 [SVN]
>>
>> Some of messages in my inbox are displayed with empty 'From:' field.
>>
>> I tried to compare those messages with empty 'From:' field with normal
>> messages.
>>
>> Normally, "From:" field in header has "Some name" <user@host>, but this
>> 'Some name' is absent and "From:" is only <user@host>
>>
>> How do I display <user@host> instead of empty 'From:' field?
>>
>> Sorry if this was discussed already before, I tried to google it, but
>> found nothing.
>>
>> Thanks ahead,
>>
>> --
>> Marchello Lippi

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: empty 'From:' field is some messages

Marchello Lippi
 Tóth Attila,

Sorry I did not answer, I installed squirrelmail yesterday.

Versions:
SquirrelMail 1.4.23 [SVN]
Apache/2.4.7
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

I think it is the matter of out-of-date repository.

Still looking for the way to apply the patch.

Marchello Lippi

Marchello Lippi wrote:

>  Tóth Attila,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> Looked at your link provided and found patch
> quoted_printable_fix-1.4.x-version_3.diff (honestly, don't know how to
> apply it, but hope will find the solution).
>
> Speaking of the source, I used apt-get install, so maybe the repository is
> not refreshed yet.
>
> Have a good day and best regards,
>
> --
> Marchello Lippi
>

> "Tóth Attila" wrote:
>> Please check out this bug as a starter:
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/bugs/2806/
>> Besides you are using SVN, it would be good to know when did you pulled
>> the source?
>> --
>> dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
>> Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057
>>
>> 2016.Február 12.(P) 18:50 időpontban Marchello Lippi ezt írta:
>>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>> SquirrelMail 1.4.23 [SVN]
>>>
>>> Some of messages in my inbox are displayed with empty 'From:' field.
>>>
>>> I tried to compare those messages with empty 'From:' field with normal
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> Normally, "From:" field in header has "Some name" <user@host>, but this
>>> 'Some name' is absent and "From:" is only <user@host>
>>>
>>> How do I display <user@host> instead of empty 'From:' field?
>>>
>>> Sorry if this was discussed already before, I tried to google it, but
>>> found nothing.
>>>
>>> Thanks ahead,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Marchello Lippi

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: empty 'From:' field is some messages

"Tóth Attila"
Dear Marchello,

SVN means, that it was pulled from the repository on a specific date. I
don't know about Debian's SVN version: on which date they've fetched it.

Applying the patch: first you should enter the root directory of the
source tree. You should then use the 'patch' command. I recommend to use
-p1 option and first check what would happen using --dry-run.
If this is a production machine we are talking about and you are not
familiar with the patch command, I would rather recommend to ask for some
help from an expert around you. Take a look at on patch's man page.

Best regards: Dw.
--

2016.Február 12.(P) 20:51 időpontban Marchello Lippi ezt írta:

>  Tóth Attila,
>
> Sorry I did not answer, I installed squirrelmail yesterday.
>
> Versions:
> SquirrelMail 1.4.23 [SVN]
> Apache/2.4.7
> Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
>
> I think it is the matter of out-of-date repository.
>
> Still looking for the way to apply the patch.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Marchello Lippi
>

> Marchello Lippi wrote:
>>  Tóth Attila,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> Looked at your link provided and found patch
>> quoted_printable_fix-1.4.x-version_3.diff (honestly, don't know how to
>> apply it, but hope will find the solution).
>>
>> Speaking of the source, I used apt-get install, so maybe the repository
>> is
>> not refreshed yet.
>>
>> Have a good day and best regards,
>>
>> --
>> Marchello Lippi
>>

>> "Tóth Attila" wrote:
>>> Please check out this bug as a starter:
>>> https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/bugs/2806/
>>> Besides you are using SVN, it would be good to know when did you pulled
>>> the source?
>>> --
>>> dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057

> List address: [hidden email]
> List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: empty 'From:' field is some messages

Marchello Lippi
 Dear Tóth Attila,

Thank you for your replies.

>>> you should enter the root directory of the source tree

The next question is, how do I determine what is the root directory of the
source tree in my case?

>>> you are not familiar with the patch command

Speaking of risks, it is my personal vps used only by myself. In the worst
situation I will check my imap email box from mozilla thunderbird or
something like that.

Marchello Lippi

Yuriy Markiv

List address: [hidden email]