Quantcast

dumb q: on W10, left column often fails to draw?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

dumb q: on W10, left column often fails to draw?

Voytek Eymont
long time user of squirrelmail, great application

since started using w10/chrome on two PCs I use, most of the time, the
left column/window, where the folders show, most of the time, won't
display properly, just blank area

refreshing helps only sometimes

any thoughts what's going on/causing this ? just curious

oops, forgot to mention:
System information

You are using SquirrelMail version: 1.5.2 [SVN]
The administrator installed the following plugins:
none installed



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi
-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list
Posting guidelines: http://squirrelmail.org/postingguidelines
List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options): https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: dumb q: on W10, left column often fails to draw?

Paul Lesniewski


On 2016年11月07日 14:09, [hidden email] wrote:
> long time user of squirrelmail, great application
>
> since started using w10/chrome on two PCs I use, most of the time, the
> left column/window, where the folders show, most of the time, won't
> display properly, just blank area
>
> refreshing helps only sometimes
>
> any thoughts what's going on/causing this ? just curious

View the source of that pane, see if the META refresh is there, which it
should be.  Time it and watch for any page errors when it tries to
reload.  It may or may not be related to page reload.  If it's something
else, your guess is as good (better, since the ability to diagnose is in
your hands) as mine.  Watch all browser logs, try to see if the browser
will tell you anything it doesn't like about the HTML, etc.

> oops, forgot to mention:
> System information
>
> You are using SquirrelMail version: 1.5.2 [SVN]
> The administrator installed the following plugins:
> none installed

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team
Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!
http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi
-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list
Posting guidelines: http://squirrelmail.org/postingguidelines
List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options): https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: dumb q: on W10, left column often fails to draw?

Voytek Eymont
On Fri, November 11, 2016 8:03 pm, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>

>
> On 2016年11月07日 14:09, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> long time user of squirrelmail, great application
>>
>> since started using w10/chrome on two PCs I use, most of the time, the
>> left column/window, where the folders show, most of the time, won't
>> display properly, just blank area
>>
>> refreshing helps only sometimes
>>
>> any thoughts what's going on/causing this ? just curious
>
> View the source of that pane, see if the META refresh is there, which it
> should be.  Time it and watch for any page errors when it tries to reload.
> It may or may not be related to page reload.  If it's something
> else, your guess is as good (better, since the ability to diagnose is in
> your hands) as mine.  Watch all browser logs, try to see if the browser
> will tell you anything it doesn't like about the HTML, etc.
>

Paul,

thanks, yes, have:
 meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="600;URL=left_main.php" /

I'll try to make better observations, I'm just perplexed, as I have used
Squirrel like for ever, and, never observed this till started using W10;
so just thought maybe it's some known 'issue', anyhow, thanks again

Voytek


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today. http://sdm.link/xeonphi
-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list
Posting guidelines: http://squirrelmail.org/postingguidelines
List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options): https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users
Loading...