Quantcast

Yandex IMAP and SMTP server configuration?

Yandex IMAP and SMTP server configuration?

André Z. D. A.
Has anyone around here configured IMAP/SMTP of Yandex?

I am trying to do it for me and a few friends, but I'm not sure what magic is needed:

1. what should be globally configured with ./configure script?

2. why the folder list contain weird characters below the inbox? They are:

 Entrada (26/829)                  # This word the translation of "Inbox" being set
  B?@02;5==K5
  '5@=>28:8
  !?0<
  #40;5==K5
  userFolder1
  userFolder2
   userFolder3
    subFolder3.1
  userFolder4

3. The same garbage is seen in the "Folders" SM page, in the area where we subscribe/unsubscribe to folders

4. In the "Folders" page there are several repeated errors in the Subscribe section. They read:

"
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804
[...]
"

Setting a "Default folder prefix as character "|" does not solve. The subscribe section becomes empty (although the error disappears), and it says like: "Found no folder to subscribe" and "Found no folder to unsubscribe".

I suspect there is some encoding issues going on, but I have no clue what else I can try.

Everyone who can make suggestions or tests to try is welcome. Please say it!

Thank you,

André

Re: Yandex IMAP and SMTP server configuration?

André Z. D. A.
The garbage I mentioned are the name of the folders "Sent Trash Spam Drafts", written in Russian. There seems to be a Squirrelmail problem with the encodings of these names, that I "fixed" for the left frame view. And I have no clue what I have done for it to be fixed just there - when these names appear in other places, they will have the exact garbage look as before.

After creating some messages in each of these folders (through webmail interface, not in SM which was confused),  and comparing their location in SM, I was able to configure it to use them correctly (except Spam folder, which SM doesn't treat as special).

The folder creation SM page still shows the error I said before:

[ Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804 ]

Any clues? Hints? Comments? Anything?!

> Has anyone around here configured IMAP/SMTP of Yandex?
>
> I am trying to do it for me and a few friends, but I'm not sure what magic is needed:
>
> 1. what should be globally configured with ./configure script?
>
> 2. why the folder list contain weird characters below the inbox? They are:
>
> Entrada (26/829) # This word the translation of "Inbox" being set
> B?@02;5==K5
> '5@=>28:8
> !?0<
> #40;5==K5
> userFolder1
> userFolder2
> userFolder3
> subFolder3.1
> userFolder4
>
> 3. The same garbage is seen in the "Folders" SM page, in the area where we subscribe/unsubscribe to folders
>
> 4. In the "Folders" page there are several repeated errors in the Subscribe section. They read:
>
> "
> Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804
> Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804
> Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804
> Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier '|' in /path/to/squirrel/folderfunctions/imap_mailbox.php on line 804
> [...]
> "
>
> Setting a "Default folder prefix as character "|" does not solve. The subscribe section becomes empty (although the error disappears), and it says like: "Found no folder to subscribe" and "Found no folder to unsubscribe".
>
> I suspect there is some encoding issues going on, but I have no clue what else I can try.
>
> Everyone who can make suggestions or tests to try is welcome. Please say it!
>
> Thank you,
>
> André

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: Yandex IMAP and SMTP server configuration?

André Z. D. A.
I am still waiting for this. How can I solve these issues?

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization