What's wrong with the configuration

artonweb
This post was updated on .
I create a mail server with wamp server, hmailserver and squirrelMail.
The result of diagnostics of hmailserver are the follow:

What it's going wrong with the configuration of squirrelmail and I see the message "Error connecting to IMAP server" when I am trying to login.

Re: What's wrong with the configuration

Paul Lesniewski
On 3/1/15, artonweb <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I create a mail server with wamp server, hmailserver and squirrelMail.
> <http://squirrelmail.5843.n7.nabble.com/file/n26045/problem.jpg>
> What it's going wrong with the configuration of squirrelmail and I see the
> message Error connecting to IMAP server when I am trying to loggin.

No one can help you unless you explain the problem.  Don't try to show
the problem with a dead link OR a live link.  Explain it in text in
your message.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: What's wrong with the configuration

artonweb
Hello.
I am trying to modify config.php file in order to make the correct settings.
My domain name is mgs.gr.
I have created an MX record pointing to mail.mgs.gr and an A record mail.mgs.gr pointing to mail server's IP.
I would like to know the changes of default settings in variables:
 $domain ,
$smtpServerAddress ,
$imapServerAddress,
$imap_server_type

or in any other variable need to be changed.

Thank you in advance.

Re: What's wrong with the configuration

javier wilson

> Hello.
> I am trying to modify config.php file in order to make the correct
> settings.
> My domain name is mgs.gr.
> I have created an MX record pointing to mail.mgs.gr and an A record
> mail.mgs.gr pointing to mail server's IP.
> I would like to know the changes of default settings in variables:
>  $domain ,
> $smtpServerAddress ,
> $imapServerAddress,
> $imap_server_type
>
> or in any other variable need to be changed.

A few questions come to mind...
Which version of Squirrelmail are you using? Did you download it from the
site or was it and RPM or similar package?
Which IMAP server are you using? Are your SMTP and IMAP server on the same
server as Squirrelmail?
But... fist of all, have a look at the wiki
http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/DocumentationHome

javier
List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user