Vlogin Plugin

JasonHirsh
I am trying to install squirrelmail on a server with 5 virtually hosted domains

It would appear that I need the vlogin plug in...

before i add the vlogin with the conf/pl it passes the config test

afterwards I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_current_hook_name() in /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/plugins/vlogin/functions.php on line 278

The INSTALLATION files seems to indicate that everything else is optional.. which is an obvious misunderstanding on my part  but in dealing with teh CONFIGURATION instructions  I find that I have a better chance trying to understand the dead sea scrolls

any thoughts or hints on tutorials>  It is FreeBSD server with Dovcot and Postfix

Re: Vlogin Plugin

Brett Johnson-3
> I am trying to install squirrelmail on a server with 5 virtually hosted
> domains
>
> It would appear that I need the vlogin plug in...
>
> before i add the vlogin with the conf/pl it passes the config test
>

> afterwards I get
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_current_hook_name() in
> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/plugins/vlogin/functions.php on line 278
>

> The INSTALLATION files seems to indicate that everything else is optional..

Have you reviewed the "Quick Start" section of the plugins docs/CONFIGURATION
file?

> which is an obvious misunderstanding on my part  but in dealing with teh
> CONFIGURATION instructions  I find that I have a better chance trying to
> understand the dead sea scrolls

Configuring a server to host multiple virtual servers is no small task. There
many different ways to handle the DNS/URL resolution, user authentication and
mail service interfaces. With so many options it does take some effort to read
and understand all the configuration requirements.

I have a single squirrel mail install hosting 7 mail domains. I did have some
troubles with the latest version of vlogin and secure login plugins. I was able
to seek advice from the list by posting a complete set of my configuration files
(vlogin and secure login) along with a detailed description of the behavior I
was seeing. I even a proposed patch I used to get everything working. In the
end, it turned out all I needed was a small change to the regular expression
that processed the domain URL.

> any thoughts or hints on tutorials>  It is FreeBSD server with Dovcot and
> Postfix

Read the documentation for the plugin again. Look in the "docs" folder for
additional information. If you are still stuck, review the support section
of the web site and provide the needed details to further analyze the issue.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins

Re: Vlogin Plugin

JasonHirsh

<quote author="Brett Johnson-3">
> I am trying to install squirrelmail on a server with 5 virtually hosted
> domains
>
> It would appear that I need the vlogin plug in...
>
> before i add the vlogin with the conf/pl it passes the config test
>

> afterwards I get
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_current_hook_name() in
> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/plugins/vlogin/functions.php on line 278
>

> The INSTALLATION files seems to indicate that everything else is optional..

Have you reviewed the "Quick Start" section of the plugins docs/CONFIGURATION
file?

I found the Quick Start and Installation to be in conflict

I will take your post to an oblique answer to my question and assume the optional is not optional..

thanks you for taking the time to respond

Re: Vlogin Plugin

Paul Lesniewski
On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:39 AM, JasonHirsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I am trying to install squirrelmail on a server with 5 virtually hosted
>> domains
>>
>> It would appear that I need the vlogin plug in...
>>
>> before i add the vlogin with the conf/pl it passes the config test
>>

>> afterwards I get
>>
>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_current_hook_name() in
>> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/plugins/vlogin/functions.php on line 278
>>

>> The INSTALLATION files seems to indicate that everything else is
>> optional..
>
> Have you reviewed the "Quick Start" section of the plugins
> docs/CONFIGURATION
> file?
>

> I found the Quick Start and Installation to be in conflict
>
> I will take your post to an oblique answer to my question and assume the
> optional is not optional..

Your problem isn't that you apparently refuse to read even just the
Quick Start documentation, but that you haven't even bothered to read
the plugin requirements in the README file, or follow the INSTALL
instructions or just read the plugin's page on the SquirrelMail
website.  Maybe you should take a moment to review the basics before
you make snide remarks about software being provided to you free of
charge.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.plugins

Re: Vlogin Plugin

JasonHirsh

Paul Lesniewski wrote
On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:39 AM, JasonHirsh <hirshj@att.net> wrote:

>> I am trying to install squirrelmail on a server with 5 virtually hosted
>> domains
>>
>> It would appear that I need the vlogin plug in...
>>
>> before i add the vlogin with the conf/pl it passes the config test
>>

>> afterwards I get
>>
>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_current_hook_name() in
>> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/plugins/vlogin/functions.php on line 278
>>

>> The INSTALLATION files seems to indicate that everything else is
>> optional..
>
> Have you reviewed the "Quick Start" section of the plugins
> docs/CONFIGURATION
> file?
>

> I found the Quick Start and Installation to be in conflict
>
> I will take your post to an oblique answer to my question and assume the
> optional is not optional..

Your problem isn't that you apparently refuse to read even just the
Quick Start documentation, but that you haven't even bothered to read
the plugin requirements in the README file, or follow the INSTALL
instructions or just read the plugin's page on the SquirrelMail
website.  Maybe you should take a moment to review the basics before
you make snide remarks about software being provided to you free of
charge.

As indicated in the above and in the mail-list  I did find the way optional was used confusing .. especially in conjunction with indications that with out some if not all of the optional aspects the code would go to default performance.  perhaps you found my wording snide.. if so I apologize...

I do not undetrstand why at this late date after receiving much help in the mailing list this blast is posted

I do take time to read and try to interpret the docuentation.. even if you do not believe so...
I understand the this software like most open source software is free and an effort of love and challeneg I also understand that most developers accept donations..  a custom I ususally follow..  perhaps squrrel mail is appropriately named as squirrels often bite the hand that would feed them

Re: Vlogin Plugin

vminh
In step 4 of "INSTALL" file:
4. Also, please verify that you have "Compatibility" plugin installed (but not necessarily installed).
This is the key of this problem