Quantcast

Squirrelmail started to give PHP errors in the last few hours

Squirrelmail started to give PHP errors in the last few hours

André Z. D. A.
Today, for a reason still to be found out, in a moment between yesterday and right now, my installed Squirrelmail stopped working. Do you know something that happened in the last hours that could somehow change something automatically in the server or in PHP that would cause this? (updates?) I have made no code changes, so it should work as it was before. :-/

The error after I login is:

=====
Warning: Illegal string offset '' in /path/public_html/squirrel/functions/imap_general.php on line 708

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/public_html/squirrel/functions/imap_general.php:708) in /path/public_html/squirrel/functions/global.php on line 550

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/public_html/squirrel/functions/imap_general.php:708) in/path/public_html/squirrel/src/redirect.php on line 204
=====

The login page appears as normally. But a few seconds after I click in the access button it will show the above PHP errors. I can repeat the login try, but it won't change the page.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Squirrelmail started to give PHP errors in the last few hours

Paul Lesniewski
On 1/28/16, André Z. D. A. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Today, for a reason still to be found out, in a moment between yesterday and
> right now, my installed Squirrelmail stopped working. Do you know something
> that happened in the last hours that could somehow change something
> automatically in the server or in PHP that would cause this? (updates?) I
> have made no code changes, so it should work as it was before. :-/

Only you can answer such questions about what changed.

> The error after I login is:
>
> =====
> Warning: Illegal string offset '' in
> /path/public_html/squirrel/functions/imap_general.php on line 708
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at /path/public_html/squirrel/functions/imap_general.php:708) in
> /path/public_html/squirrel/functions/global.php on line 550
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at /path/public_html/squirrel/functions/imap_general.php:708)
> in/path/public_html/squirrel/src/redirect.php on line 204
> =====
>
> The login page appears as normally. But a few seconds after I click in the
> access button it will show the above PHP errors. I can repeat the login try,
> but it won't change the page.

Turn off PHP error display and you'll get rid of the extraneous header
display problem so you can focus on the real issue.  You should also
be reading your logs.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user