Squirrelmail plugin change_ldappass failing to retrieve old password

Squirrelmail plugin change_ldappass failing to retrieve old password

Janet Houser
Hi,

I recently installed squirrelmail-1.4.22-15 on my CentOS system (CentOS
Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)), and  I'm running 389 directory
server (LDAP with SSL) as my authentication system.

I installed the plugin change_ldappass-2.2-1.4.0.tar and I've gone
through the configuration process to add the plugin to squirrelmail.

I've edited my change_ldappass/config.php file so that it should connect
to my LDAP server to change the password.  I'm running into
an issue with changing passwords that I can't quite understand.

When I try to change a test accounts password, I get the error: "We
could not retrieve your old password from the LDAP server". But
I believe the system does see the test password because entering a wrong
one will yield the error:   "Your old password is not correct".
(samba flags are set to false)

I've been trying to gather some errors as to where the failure might be
occurring, but outputting values from the php files hasn't helped
much.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user