Quantcast

Squirrelmail/Blackberry

Zedrf
Hi there, I am a new user to squirrelmail and found that I am not getting all of my emails on my blackberry. I have found that it may be due to the fact that when an email comes in and my laptop is on, outlook will download the email and not leave a copy, that way when the blackberry searches for emails it will not find any emails. Is there a facility to download the email onto your email client (outlook) and leave the message on the system for a certain period of time? Zedrf

Re: Squirrelmail/Blackberry

Paul Lesniewski
On Dec 20, 2007 12:54 AM, Zedrf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Hi there, I am a new user to squirrelmail and found that I am not getting
> all of my emails on my blackberry. I have found that it may be due to the
> fact that when an email comes in and my laptop is on, outlook will download
> the email and not leave a copy, that way when the blackberry searches for
> emails it will not find any emails. Is there a facility to download the
> email onto your email client (outlook) and leave the message on the system
> for a certain period of time? Zedrf

SquirrelMail is a mail client, not a mail system.  You need to contact
your service provider.

Good luck.

Re: Squirrelmail/Blackberry

Alan in Toronto-2
On Thu, December 20, 2007 3:54 am, Zedrf wrote:

> Hi there, I am a new user to squirrelmail and found that I am not getting all
> of my emails on my blackberry. I have found that it may be due to the fact
> that when an email comes in and my laptop is on, outlook will download the
> email and not leave a copy, that way when the blackberry searches for emails
> it will not find any emails. Is there a facility to download the email onto
> your email client (outlook) and leave the message on the system for a
> certain period of time?

1. Don't leave your laptop on when you're away from your desk and wanting to receive
mail on the Blackberry. That would solve the problem.

2. You could change the settings in Outlook to leave mail on the server, using your
current POP connection, or change it to connect via IMAP.

3. This has nothing to do with SquirrelMail.