Set Outgoing Message Expiration

stevezemlicka
I am using squirrelmail in conjunction with our Ironport simply as a send-mail portal for users to send encrypted messages.  Most everything has been stripped and when users login, they are simply presented with the compose message page.  I believe we can flag a message with an x-header to set an expiration for the decryption of the message within Cisco's services.  I read something about a message expiration plugin but couldn't find that plugin.  Has anyone had experience with anything related to setting message expiration on outbound messages?

I would like to set a default, but potentially allow users to override that (maybe within a certain range and a selection from a calendar pop-up would be fantastic).

Thanks in advance,
Stephen Zemlicka

Re: Set Outgoing Message Expiration

Paul Lesniewski
I don't think this thread has anything to do with this mailing list....

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:59 AM, stevezemlicka <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using squirrelmail in conjunction with our Ironport simply as a
> send-mail portal for users to send encrypted messages.  Most everything has
> been stripped and when users login, they are simply presented with the
> compose message page.  I believe we can flag a message with an x-header to
> set an expiration for the decryption of the message within Cisco's services.
> I read something about a message expiration plugin but couldn't find that
> plugin.  Has anyone had experience with anything related to setting message
> expiration on outbound messages?

"Proon" is the best message clean-up plugin on the SquirrelMail
website.  There is also a plugin that will add any header you want to
outgoing messages ("Add Header" should have been easy for you to
find), but something like this should be done in your MTA and not in a
mail client.

> I would like to set a default, but potentially allow users to override that
> (maybe within a certain range and a selection from a calendar pop-up would
> be fantastic).

If it were me, I'd set this up in the MTA and use the Server Settings
plugin to allow users to configure the relevant settings.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.devel