[SM-USERS] system address book - ?

Damien Moore
Greetings to all squirrel people.

We have succeeded in installing your extraordinary webmail server (if that
is what you call it) on a PC with Windows 2003 Server OS and Apache 2.0.54
and PHP 4.4.0. We use David Harris's Mercury/32 IMAP server running on the
same machine. This combination seems to work well, and we are suitably
impressed.

Just one thing we cannot work out is how to implement the system address
book, ie an address book readable and writeable by all users. Are we
missing something, or is there something missing?

Damien Moore

--
Data Conduction Limited
A3 Manor Development Centre

Re: [SM-USERS] system address book - ?

Tomas Kuliavas
> Greetings to all squirrel people.
>
> We have succeeded in installing your extraordinary webmail server (if that
> is what you call it) on a PC with Windows 2003 Server OS and Apache 2.0.54
> and PHP 4.4.0. We use David Harris's Mercury/32 IMAP server running on the
> same machine. This combination seems to work well, and we are suitably
> impressed.
>
> Just one thing we cannot work out is how to implement the system address
> book, ie an address book readable and writeable by all users. Are we
> missing something, or is there something missing?

It is called global address book and configured in conf.pl 6. Address
Books or 9. Database configuration options.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-7.html#ss7.5

Mercury/32 4.01b does not work correctly with utf7-imap encoded imap
forder names.

Re: [SM-USERS] system address book - ?

Damien Moore
>> Greetings to all squirrel people.
>> We have succeeded in installing your extraordinary webmail server (if
that
>> is what you call it) on a PC with Windows 2003 Server OS and Apache
2.0.54
>> and PHP 4.4.0. We use David Harris's Mercury/32 IMAP server running on
the
>> same machine. This combination seems to work well, and we are suitably
impressed.
>> Just one thing we cannot work out is how to implement the system
address
>> book, ie an address book readable and writeable by all users. Are we
missing something, or is there something missing?

> It is called global address book and configured in conf.pl 6. Address
Books or 9. Database configuration options.

> http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-7.html#ss7.5
>
> Mercury/32 4.01b does not work correctly with utf7-imap encoded imap
forder names.

> --
> Tomas

Thank you for your advice. We have got this working now. Our problem was
that we set up Squirrel Mail by editing the config_default.php by hand,
and it does not contain a dummy entry for $abook_global_file. We have now
installed Perl so we can use conf.pl.

Damien Moore