[SM-USERS] subscribed folders not showing in drop down menu

[SM-USERS] subscribed folders not showing in drop down menu

Susan M. Hill
Hello,
I looked for this in FAQ's, where it is mentioned, but I couldn't
understand the answer.

I'm a user on a system at a college.  If I have a problem of only seeing
one folder listed in the dropdown menu (and only one listed in black type
on blue vertical side bar, the other three in blue) when I subscribed a
total of 4,

is there something I can do as an individual user or do I need to talk to
the IT people?

Thank you, Susan

Susan M. Hill, Ph.D.
Wind River Tribal College
533 Ethete Road
P.O. Box 8300
Ethete, Wyoming  82520
307-335-8243; 1-866-701-8385
FAX 307-335-8148

Re: [SM-USERS] subscribed folders not showing in drop down menu

Marc Groot Koerkamp
On Wed, October 19, 2005 16:21, Susan M. Hill wrote:

> Hello,
> I looked for this in FAQ's, where it is mentioned, but I couldn't
> understand the answer.
>
> I'm a user on a system at a college.  If I have a problem of only seeing
> one folder listed in the dropdown menu (and only one listed in black type
> on blue vertical side bar, the other three in blue) when I subscribed a
> total of 4,
>
> is there something I can do as an individual user or do I need to talk to
>  the IT people?

I think the blue folder er so called \NoSelect folders. In case of UW
those are folders which can contain other folders but cannot contain
messages.

NoSelect folders are not present in the dropdown box because that box is
used for moving messages and because the \NoSelect folder cannot contain
messages they are not available in the dropdown list.

If i'm wrong and you are certain that there should be messages inside the
"blue" \NoSelect folders then you should contact your provider (or IT
people).

Regards,

Marc Groot Koerkamp.

Re: [SM-USERS] subscribed folders not showing in drop down menu