[SM-USERS] serviersidefilter plugin question

[SM-USERS] serviersidefilter plugin question

Brian L. Walter
Greetings,

I have the following configuration:

Fedora Core 3
Apache 2.0.53-3.3
PHP 4.3.11-2.7
SM 1.5.1 cvs

I am attempting to get the serversidefilter plugin to work, and seem to
have gotten only so far.  I see the files in tmp being created
(filterfile.username and filterfile.username.tmp).  I click on the 'save'
button, I see the filter in the list.  However, if I leave the screen and
come back, I still have a blank list of filters, no files have been
modified.  The filterfile.username.tmp contains the filter I created the
previous session, however, the filterfile.username remains unmodified, and
the .mailfilter file in the users home directory remains unmodified.

Am I missing something obvious?

TIA
Brian

Re: [SM-USERS] serviersidefilter plugin question

Paul Lesniewski
> Fedora Core 3
> Apache 2.0.53-3.3
> PHP 4.3.11-2.7
> SM 1.5.1 cvs

Plugin version?  Please use the one from sourceforge, not SM website
until next release.  Also, SM 1.5.1 isn't really supported for all but
the simplest of plugins as far as I'm concerned; to unstable (but I
think this one will work with SM 1.5.x.

> I am attempting to get the serversidefilter plugin to work, and seem to
> have gotten only so far.  I see the files in tmp being created
> (filterfile.username and filterfile.username.tmp).  I click on the 'save'
> button, I see the filter in the list.  However, if I leave the screen and
> come back, I still have a blank list of filters, no files have been
> modified.  The filterfile.username.tmp contains the filter I created the
> previous session, however, the filterfile.username remains unmodified, and
> the .mailfilter file in the users home directory remains unmodified.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?

Post error messages from running the test script if you are using suid
method or FTP errors and post config settings.  Read the docs.

On Sun, October 23, 2005 5:01 am, Paul Lesneiwski wrote:

>> Fedora Core 3
>> Apache 2.0.53-3.3
>> PHP 4.3.11-2.7
>> SM 1.5.1 cvs
>>

> Plugin version?  Please use the one from sourceforge, not SM website
> until next release.  Also, SM 1.5.1 isn't really supported for all but the
> simplest of plugins as far as I'm concerned; to unstable (but I think this
> one will work with SM 1.5.x.
>
>> I am attempting to get the serversidefilter plugin to work, and seem to
>>  have gotten only so far.  I see the files in tmp being created
>> (filterfile.username and filterfile.username.tmp).  I click on the
>> 'save'
>> button, I see the filter in the list.  However, if I leave the screen
>> and come back, I still have a blank list of filters, no files have been
>> modified.  The filterfile.username.tmp contains the filter I created
>> the previous session, however, the filterfile.username remains
>> unmodified, and the .mailfilter file in the users home directory remains
>> unmodified.
>>
>> Am I missing something obvious?
>>

> Post error messages from running the test script if you are using suid
> method or FTP errors and post config settings.  Read the docs.

thanks.  the latest version from sourceforge worked, after some code
hacking to deal with the ssl problem.  nice plugin, makes life a lot
easier.

Brian L. Walter wrote:

> On Sun, October 23, 2005 5:01 am, Paul Lesneiwski wrote:
>
>>>Fedora Core 3
>>>Apache 2.0.53-3.3
>>>PHP 4.3.11-2.7
>>>SM 1.5.1 cvs
>>>

>>Plugin version?  Please use the one from sourceforge, not SM website
>>until next release.  Also, SM 1.5.1 isn't really supported for all but the
>>simplest of plugins as far as I'm concerned; to unstable (but I think this
>>one will work with SM 1.5.x.
>>

>>>I am attempting to get the serversidefilter plugin to work, and seem to
>>> have gotten only so far.  I see the files in tmp being created
>>>(filterfile.username and filterfile.username.tmp).  I click on the
>>>'save'
>>>button, I see the filter in the list.  However, if I leave the screen
>>>and come back, I still have a blank list of filters, no files have been
>>>modified.  The filterfile.username.tmp contains the filter I created
>>>the previous session, however, the filterfile.username remains
>>>unmodified, and the .mailfilter file in the users home directory remains
>>>unmodified.
>>>
>>>Am I missing something obvious?
>>>

>>Post error messages from running the test script if you are using suid
>>method or FTP errors and post config settings.  Read the docs.
>

> thanks.  the latest version from sourceforge worked, after some code
> hacking to deal with the ssl problem.  nice plugin, makes life a lot
> easier.

Please describe the "ssl problem" and what you did to fix it!

Thanks,

Paul

On Tue, October 25, 2005 4:27 pm, Paul Lesneiwski wrote:

> Brian L. Walter wrote:

>>> Plugin version?  Please use the one from sourceforge, not SM website
>>> until next release.  Also, SM 1.5.1 isn't really supported for all but
>>> the simplest of plugins as far as I'm concerned; to unstable (but I
>>> think this one will work with SM 1.5.x.

>>> Post error messages from running the test script if you are using
>>> suid method or FTP errors and post config settings.  Read the docs.
>>

>> thanks.  the latest version from sourceforge worked, after some code
>> hacking to deal with the ssl problem.  nice plugin, makes life a lot
>> easier.
>
> Please describe the "ssl problem" and what you did to fix it!
>

> Thanks,
>

> Paul

Paul,

There was an issue with my server, being self-signed, that the test
program  did not like.  I tried the make option of adding /norsh/notls.
This might have a been an issue with my understanding of make, but, when I
compiled with that option (-DMAILBOXFLAG=/norsh/notls), the compiler threw
an error on the print statement that creates the mailbox name.  I just
removed the ifdef, endif around the definition, and compiled with it set
to notls.

I now realize that was kinda backwards, but, it got the job done.

Brian