[SM-USERS] remove W in week numer in shared calendar plugin

[SM-USERS] remove W in week numer in shared calendar plugin

Pål Monstad
I want to remove the W in front of week number in the calendar. Alternative translate W to U in Norwegian. I can't find it in the pot-file.
Pål Monstad

Re: [SM-USERS] remove W in week numer in shared calendar plugin

Fredrik Jervfors
> I want to remove the W in front of week number in the calendar.
> Alternative translate W to U in Norwegian. I can't find it in the
> pot-file. --
> Pål Monstad

"W" is the international ISO 8601 standard for "week", so technically it
should not be to translated.

"All members of CEN (all of Western Europe and Scandinavia, and most of
Eastern Europe) are required to adopt the EN 28601 European Standard. Most
have now done so, as detailed below:
/---/
Norway: NS-ISO 8601
/---/"

This means that the Norwegian abbreviation for "uke" is "W".

Still, it might be nice to do so because most end users doesn't care/know
about standards anyway, so maybe Paul will fix it in the next version.

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

Re: [SM-USERS] remove W in week numer in shared calendar plugin

Paul Lesniewski

Fredrik Jervfors wrote:

>>I want to remove the W in front of week number in the calendar.
>>Alternative translate W to U in Norwegian. I can't find it in the
>>pot-file. --
>>Pål Monstad
>

> "W" is the international ISO 8601 standard for "week", so technically it
> should not be to translated.
>
> "All members of CEN (all of Western Europe and Scandinavia, and most of
> Eastern Europe) are required to adopt the EN 28601 European Standard. Most
> have now done so, as detailed below:
> /---/
> Norway: NS-ISO 8601
> /---/"
>
> This means that the Norwegian abbreviation for "uke" is "W".
>
> Still, it might be nice to do so because most end users doesn't care/know
> about standards anyway, so maybe Paul will fix it in the next version.

Yes, it is not translated.  I can add that in the next release.

Re: [SM-USERS] remove W in week numer in shared calendar plugin

Fredrik Jervfors
>>> I want to remove the W in front of week number in the calendar.
>>> Alternative translate W to U in Norwegian. I can't find it in the
>>> pot-file. -- Pål Monstad
>>>

>> "W" is the international ISO 8601 standard for "week", so technically
>> it should not be to translated.
>>
>> "All members of CEN (all of Western Europe and Scandinavia, and most of
>>  Eastern Europe) are required to adopt the EN 28601 European Standard.
>> Most
>> have now done so, as detailed below: /---/
>> Norway: NS-ISO 8601
>> /---/"
>>
>> This means that the Norwegian abbreviation for "uke" is "W".
>>
>> Still, it might be nice to do so because most end users doesn't
>> care/know about standards anyway, so maybe Paul will fix it in the next
>> version.
>
> OK. Anyone who knows where in the hard code the W is inserted? I'd like
> to replace it with '' as I have never seen a W in front of the week number
> in Norwegian calendars, even if it is an ISO standard :-)

I think it's in calendar/interface/month.php row 298, but I wouldn't bet
my life on it.

calendar/interface/month.php:298:         ? html_tag('td', '<small>W' .
date_intl('W', $theDay) . '</small>', '',
$calendar_theme['month_view_day_background'],
'')

By the way, most Swedes doesn't know that this is the standard in Sweden
as well, so I'm also thinking about translating it. The first time I found
out about it was reading a regulation issued by the Swedish government
about how to keep diaries for (snail-)mail. Most people don't read that
stuff (and I sure didn't read it for fun).

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

Fredrik Jervfors wrote:

>>>"W" is the international ISO 8601 standard for "week", so technically
>>>it should not be to translated.
>>>
>>>"All members of CEN (all of Western Europe and Scandinavia, and most of
>>> Eastern Europe) are required to adopt the EN 28601 European Standard.
>>>Most
>>>have now done so, as detailed below: /---/
>>>Norway: NS-ISO 8601
>>>/---/"
>>>
>>>This means that the Norwegian abbreviation for "uke" is "W".
>>>
>>>Still, it might be nice to do so because most end users doesn't
>>>care/know about standards anyway, so maybe Paul will fix it in the next
>>>version.
>>
>>OK. Anyone who knows where in the hard code the W is inserted? I'd like
>>to replace it with '' as I have never seen a W in front of the week number
>>in Norwegian calendars, even if it is an ISO standard :-)
>

> I think it's in calendar/interface/month.php row 298, but I wouldn't bet
> my life on it.
>
> calendar/interface/month.php:298:         ? html_tag('td', '<small>W' .
> date_intl('W', $theDay) . '</small>', '',
> $calendar_theme['month_view_day_background'],
> '')

that's it.  the new code looks like this:

? html_tag('td', '<small>' . sprintf(_("W%s"), date_intl('W', $theDay))
. '</small>', '', $calendar_theme['month_view_day_background'], '')

and "W%s" is in the pot file now

> By the way, most Swedes doesn't know that this is the standard in Sweden
> as well, so I'm also thinking about translating it. The first time I found
> out about it was reading a regulation issued by the Swedish government
> about how to keep diaries for (snail-)mail. Most people don't read that
> stuff (and I sure didn't read it for fun).

the government has regulations about how to write a diary.  lovely.
ahhh, what's next?   ;)

Re: [SM-USERS] remove W in week numer in shared calendar plugin

Fredrik Jervfors

>>> OK. Anyone who knows where in the hard code the W is inserted? I'd
>>> like to replace it with '' as I have never seen a W in front of the
>>> week number in Norwegian calendars, even if it is an ISO standard :-)
>>
>> I think it's in calendar/interface/month.php row 298, but I wouldn't
>> bet my life on it.
>>
>> calendar/interface/month.php:298:         ? html_tag('td', '<small>W' .
>>  date_intl('W', $theDay) . '</small>', '',
>> $calendar_theme['month_view_day_background'],
>> '')
>
> that's it.  the new code looks like this:
>
> ? html_tag('td', '<small>' . sprintf(_("W%s"), date_intl('W', $theDay))
> . '</small>', '', $calendar_theme['month_view_day_background'], '')
>

> and "W%s" is in the pot file now
>

>> By the way, most Swedes doesn't know that this is the standard in
>> Sweden
>> as well, so I'm also thinking about translating it. The first time I
>> found out about it was reading a regulation issued by the Swedish
>> government about how to keep diaries for (snail-)mail. Most people don't
>> read that stuff (and I sure didn't read it for fun).
>
> the government has regulations about how to write a diary.  lovely. ahhh,
> what's next?   ;)

Maybe "journal" would have been a better word for it. I was tired. :)

Sincerely,
Fredrik.