[SM-USERS] jpeg extension

zamri
hi all,

 I noticed that attachments with .jpeg cannot be displayed automatically
by squirrelmail instead of .jpg. How to fix this?

--
                _))))))
              (|______|
| Muhd Zamri Muhd Suharini          | Email: [hidden email]
| System administrator              | Tel:  (09) 5737777
| Information Technology Unit       | Fax:  (09) 5738899
| Kolej Shahputra Kuantan           |
| BIM Point                         | website:
| Bandar Indera Mahkota             | http://www.kolejshahputra.edu.my
| 25200 Kuantan                     | Forum:
| Pahang Malaysia                   | http://forum.kolejshahputra.edu.my
|                                   | Alumni:
|                                   | http://alumni.kolejshahputra.edu.my
+-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it
and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient. Kolej ShahPutra Kuantan and any of its
subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Re: [SM-USERS] jpeg extension

Tomas Kuliavas
> hi all,
>
>  I noticed that attachments with .jpeg cannot be displayed automatically
> by squirrelmail instead of .jpg. How to fix this?

I suspect that you confused image/jpeg and image/jpg mime types. If you
are not using Mozilla, SquirrelMail 1.4.5 can display .jpeg attachments
inline. Only .jpg attachments marked with image/jpg mime type are not
displayed. If you are using Mozilla, SquirrelMail 1.4.6cvs has workarounds
for 'HTTP_ACCEPT' header format used by Mozilla browsers.

See attached version of functions/attachment_common.php

Patch is made for 1.4.5 version.

attachment_common.php (11K) Download Attachment
attachment_common.php.diff (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [SM-USERS] jpeg extension

zamri
Thanks Tomas for the reply. FYI, I'm using Mozilla Firefox. i'll apply the
patch for my SM and see whether it is working. thanks.

--
                _))))))
              (|______|
+-------oOO-/------------\-OOo------+-------------------------------------+
| Muhd Zamri Muhd Suharini          | Email: [hidden email] |
System administrator              | Tel:  (09) 5737777
| Information Technology Unit       | Fax:  (09) 5738899
| Kolej Shahputra Kuantan           |
| BIM Point                         | website:
| Bandar Indera Mahkota             | http://www.kolejshahputra.edu.my |
25200 Kuantan                     | Forum:
| Pahang Malaysia                   | http://forum.kolejshahputra.edu.my |
                                  | Alumni:
|                                   | http://alumni.kolejshahputra.edu.my
+-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+

copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify
the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient. Kolej ShahPutra Kuantan and any of its
subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

--
                _))))))
              (|______|
              c|_o||_o|
               |   O  |
               | \__/ |
                \____/
              __|\  /|__
             /          \
+-------oOO-/------------\-OOo------+-------------------------------------+
| Muhd Zamri Muhd Suharini          | Email: [hidden email]
| System administrator              | Tel:  (09) 5737777
| Information Technology Unit       | Fax:  (09) 5738899
| Kolej Shahputra Kuantan           |
| BIM Point                         | website:
| Bandar Indera Mahkota             | http://www.kolejshahputra.edu.my
| 25200 Kuantan                     | Forum:
| Pahang Malaysia                   | http://forum.kolejshahputra.edu.my
|                                   | Alumni:
|                                   | http://alumni.kolejshahputra.edu.my
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message ;)