[SM-USERS] infinite loop after upgrade to php 4.4.1

[SM-USERS] infinite loop after upgrade to php 4.4.1

Ned Phillips
we are unable to use squirrelmail since we upgraded to php 4.4.1 due
to infinite loop in read_body.php

it is a security upgrade and we do not want to go back to 4.4.0

aloow_server_sort option does not work for us since our web server is
windows 2000

this is a real crisis !!! help !!!

Ned Phillips
Coordinator of Computer Applications
College of Pharmacy
University of Florida
PO Box 100484
Gainesville, FL 32610
352-273-6287

Re: [SM-USERS] infinite loop after upgrade to php 4.4.1

Fredrik Jervfors
> we are unable to use squirrelmail since we upgraded to php 4.4.1 due to
> infinite loop in read_body.php

Which SquirrelMail version?

> it is a security upgrade and we do not want to go back to 4.4.0
>
> aloow_server_sort option does not work for us since our web server is
> windows 2000
>
> this is a real crisis !!! help !!!

You haven't given enough details, so you risk not being helped.

Don't reply to me, reply to the list.

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

Re: [SM-USERS] infinite loop after upgrade to php 4.4.1

Ken Jones-2

On Wed, November 2, 2005 08:54, Ned Phillips wrote:
> we are unable to use squirrelmail since we upgraded to php 4.4.1 due to infinite loop in read_body.php
>
> it is a security upgrade and we do not want to go back to 4.4.0

I just upgraded from 4.4.0 to 4.4.1. This was under Unix running a late version of the 1.5.1 development SM.
After copying over my php.ini config file and adding the necessare pear modules, SM is working great for me.

> aloow_server_sort option does not work for us since our web server is windows 2000
>
> this is a real crisis !!! help !!!
>

> Ned Phillips
> Coordinator of Computer Applications
> College of Pharmacy
> University of Florida
> PO Box 100484
> Gainesville, FL 32610
> 352-273-6287

Ken Jones

Re: [SM-USERS] infinite loop after upgrade to php 4.4.1

> we are unable to use squirrelmail since we upgraded to php 4.4.1 due
> to infinite loop in read_body.php
>
> it is a security upgrade and we do not want to go back to 4.4.0
>
> aloow_server_sort option does not work for us since our web server is
> windows 2000

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1344216&group_id=311&atid=100311

Working on it.

Revert to php 4.4.0 or enable server side sorting, if your imap server
supports it.

Re: [SM-USERS] infinite loop after upgrade to php 4.4.1

> we are unable to use squirrelmail since we upgraded to php 4.4.1 due
> to infinite loop in read_body.php
>
> it is a security upgrade and we do not want to go back to 4.4.0
>
> aloow_server_sort option does not work for us since our web server is
> windows 2000

Revert to 4.4.0 or get 4.4.x-dev snapshot.

http://bugs.php.net/35067