[SM-USERS] imap connection dropped fatal error

[SM-USERS] imap connection dropped fatal error

jan gestre
hi guys,

i got this problem in my postfix mailserver with squirrelmail as interface, users can log in to their account but when they try to read their emails, they received  this fatal error message, they can't read the contents
" Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/share/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php on line 98"

my mailserver runs on debian sarge with postfix 2.1.5 + squirrelmail 1.4.4 + apache2 + php4 + courier-imap + imapproxy
what seems to be wrong? any suggestions?

TIA

Re: [SM-USERS] imap connection dropped fatal error

Fredrik Jervfors
> i got this problem in my postfix mailserver with squirrelmail as
> interface, users can log in to their account but when they try to read
> their emails, they received this fatal error message, they can't read the
> contents *" Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
>  */usr/share/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php
> * on line *98"
>
> *my mailserver runs on debian sarge with postfix 2.1.5 + squirrelmail
> 1.4.4+ apache2 + php4 + courier-imap + imapproxy
> what seems to be wrong? any suggestions?

Did you try the suggestion in the FAQ?
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/BrowseProblemsByPhpError

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

On 11/3/05, Fredrik Jervfors <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i got this problem in my postfix mailserver with squirrelmail as
> interface, users can log in to their account but when they try to read
> their emails, they received this fatal error message, they can't read the
> contents *" Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
>  */usr/share/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php
> * on line *98"
>
> *my mailserver runs on debian sarge with postfix 2.1.5 + squirrelmail
> 1.4.4+ apache2 + php4 + courier-imap + imapproxy
> what seems to be wrong? any suggestions?

Did you try the suggestion in the FAQ?
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/BrowseProblemsByPhpError

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

I tried the suggestion, initially increasing it to 60 it did not work so i increased it to 120 but it still didn't work, i still have the same fatal error message, the only difference is that the time indicated

Re: [SM-USERS] imap connection dropped fatal error

Tomas Kuliavas
> On 11/3/05, Fredrik Jervfors <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > i got this problem in my postfix mailserver with squirrelmail as
>> > interface, users can log in to their account but when they try to read
>> > their emails, they received this fatal error message, they can't read
>> the
>> > contents *" Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds
>> exceeded
>> in
>> > */usr/share/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php
>> > * on line *98"
>> >
>> > *my mailserver runs on debian sarge with postfix 2.1.5 + squirrelmail
>> > 1.4.4+ apache2 + php4 + courier-imap + imapproxy
>> > what seems to be wrong? any suggestions?
>>
>> Did you try the suggestion in the FAQ?
>> http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/BrowseProblemsByPhpError
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Fredrik.
>>

>> I tried the suggestion, initially increasing it to 60 it did not work so
>> increased it to 120 but it still didn't work, i still have the same
>> fatal
>> error message, the only difference is that the time indicated

You are using courier-imap. It supports server side sorting. Enable server
side sorting in SquirrelMail configuration. If courier-imap is compiled
with --enable-unicode option, server side sorting should work with any
SquirrelMail translation. If courier is compiled without --enable-unicode
option, sorting should work only with translations that use iso-8859-1
character set. Debian Sarge compiled courier-imap with --enable-unicode.