[SM-USERS] executing fetchmail with squirrelmail interface?

[SM-USERS] executing fetchmail with squirrelmail interface?

d0m1n1k
Hello,

I'm using Squirrelmail 1.4.5 from debian repository with dovecot IMAP-Server. To fetch mails I'm using fetchmail with procmail to the maildir of dovecot.
My problem: Is there a way to execute fetchmail (manually or automatically after userlogin) for my user with squirrelmail interface? I don't like to do a cronjob with fetchmail every few minutes.
For example, there is a 'Check mail' link in squirrelmail interface. Is it possible to execute fetchmail to the user, when clicking this link?

My second problem: Unfortunately I can't send mails with squirrelmail, because I don't know where to configure username and password for smtp login. I configured my ISP SMTP-Server with conf.pl and selected login. But there seems to be no possibility to define username and password? My ISP just allows SMTP with authentication.

Thaknks in advance and excuse my bad english,
Dominik

"Jetzt Handykosten senken mit klarmobil - 18 Ct./Min.! Hier klicken"
www.klarmobil.de/index.html?pid=73025

Re: [SM-USERS] executing fetchmail with squirrelmail interface?