[SM-USERS] error

jillm.03
I have a full inbox and need to delete some messages.  I have already
cleaned out my sent and trash folders.  Every time I try to delete a
message from my inbox, I get the error
"ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: COPY 2004 'mail/.Trash'
Reason Given: UID COPY failed: Message copy failed: Disc quota exceeded"

I guess that all the messages in the inbox are too large to be moved to
the trash folder or something.  If these are already empty, how do I make
it so I can delete messages from my inbox again?  I don't know much about
computers, so please speak to me in Lamen's terms.  =)

Jill

RE: [SM-USERS] error

Marc Powell

This is primarily a technical list used by the creators of Squirrelmail
and system administrators who have installed the Squirrelmail software
for their customers to use so technical responses are the norm.

That being said, this Wiki entry is useful to you --

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/DisableTrashcan

If you do not understand it then you should contact the person/company
providing your e-mail hosting services for support. ;)

--
Marc

Re: [SM-USERS] error

Fredrik Jervfors-3
> I have a full inbox and need to delete some messages.  I have already
> cleaned out my sent and trash folders.  Every time I try to delete a
> message from my inbox, I get the error "ERROR: Could not complete request.
>  Query: COPY 2004 'mail/.Trash'
> Reason Given: UID COPY failed: Message copy failed: Disc quota exceeded"
>
> I guess that all the messages in the inbox are too large to be moved to
> the trash folder or something.  If these are already empty, how do I make
> it so I can delete messages from my inbox again?  I don't know much about
>  computers, so please speak to me in Lamen's terms.  =)

Your guess is right, and the answer is in the FAQ:
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/DisableTrashcan

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Fredrik.