[SM-USERS] creating imap folders with incorrect encoding via SquirrelMail

[SM-USERS] creating imap folders with incorrect encoding via SquirrelMail

Leon Kolchinsky

Hello All,

When I create Imap folder in Hebrew lang. via SquirrelMail it looks O.K. in the SquirrelMail interface and I can work with it.
But when I use Outlook Express, this folder looks like gibberish.
The same happens if I create Hebrew named folder in OE, it looks like gibberish in SquirrelMail interface.

I'm using Cyrus-Imap server and SquirrelMail 1.4.5

I believe that SquirrelMail just don't use modified version of the UTF7 encoding (this is the standart).

How to make SquirrelMail use modified version of the UTF7 encoding to create and show non english folders?

Best Regards,
Leon Kolchinsky

Re: [SM-USERS] creating imap folders with incorrect encoding via SquirrelMail

Tomas Kuliavas
> Hello All,
>
> When I create Imap folder in Hebrew lang. via SquirrelMail it looks O.K.
> in the SquirrelMail interface and I can work with it.
> But when I use Outlook Express, this folder looks like gibberish.
> The same happens if I create Hebrew named folder in OE, it looks like
> gibberish in SquirrelMail interface.
>
> I'm using Cyrus-Imap server and SquirrelMail 1.4.5
>
> I believe that SquirrelMail just don't use modified version of the UTF−7
> encoding (this is the standart).
>
> How to make SquirrelMail use modified version of the UTF−7 encoding to
> create and show non english folders?

SquirrelMail uses php mbstring extension to encode utf7-imap folder names.
Hebrew translation uses windows-1255 character set. It is not supported by
php mbstring extension. Use iso-8859-8 or utf-8 for Hebrew translation.