[SM-USERS] configurating squirrelmail with uwimap and postfix on debian unstable

[SM-USERS] configurating squirrelmail with uwimap and postfix on debian unstable

Bryan Frechette
Hi i would like to be able to use my squirrelmail with uw-imap and
postfix on a debian unstable and i'm using apache 1.3.33 if someone can
help configurate it, that would be great, thank you in advance
Bryan Fréchette

--
Bryan Fréchette
Consultant en Info.

bfrechette.vcf (377 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [SM-USERS] configurating squirrelmail with uwimap and postfix on debian unstable

Re: [SM-USERS] configurating squirrelmail with uwimap and postfix on debian unstable

> Hi i would like to be able to use my squirrelmail with uw-imap and
> postfix on a debian unstable and i'm using apache 1.3.33 if someone can
> help configurate it, that would be great, thank you in advance
> Bryan Fréchette

apt-get install uw-imapd
 enable imaps
 enable imap2 (optional, requires modifications in unofficial
configuration file)

apt-get install squirrelmail

squirrelmail-configure
 uw
 2. Server settings
  1. set your domain.
  A. update imap settings
   5. IMAP Port = 993
   7. Secure IMAP (TLS)  = true

check other configuration options. uw should support server side sorting
(4. General Options -> 11. Allow server-side sorting)

save your configuration

check if /etc/squirrelmail/apache.conf file is included in your apache
configuration. It should be added to /etc/apache/conf.d/

restart apache

try logging into squirrelmail. http://your-server/squirrelmail

check http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/index.html,
http://www.washington.edu/imap/documentation/formats.txt.html,
http://www.washington.edu/imap/documentation/imaprc.txt.html. Common
problems - FAQ chapters 5.1 and 7.6-7.7

Latest squirrelmail versions (1.5.1cvs) have mailbox locking problems with
default uw mailbox format.

If you have larger mailboxes, it is highly recommended to use mbx format
instead of standard unix mailbox or change used imap server. Standard unix
mailbox format have performance issues with larger mail folders.

If you want to block access to imap server from external clients - use
xinetd instead of inetd and bind imap server only to local interface.

Re: [SM-USERS] configurating squirrelmail with uwimap and postfix on debian unstable

zamri

On Mon, September 19, 2005 2:43 pm, Tomas Kuliavas said:

> check other configuration options. uw should support server side sorting
> (4. General Options -> 11. Allow server-side sorting)

What do you mean by *should support*? Is it support server-side sorting?

--
Muhd Zamri Muhd Suharini
System Administrator

Re: [SM-USERS] configurating squirrelmail with uwimap and postfix on debian unstable

Tomas Kuliavas

>> check other configuration options. uw should support server side sorting
>> (4. General Options -> 11. Allow server-side sorting)
>
> What do you mean by *should support*? Is it support server-side sorting?

UW imapd v.2003.339 lists SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
extensions. It does not break on foreign character sets. I don't have time
to check when it was implemented. Server side sorting and threading should
work, if you use latest IMAP server version.

Re: [SM-USERS] configurating squirrelmail with uwimap and postfix on debian unstable

zamri
uw-imap usually works out of the box for SM. just make sure it's running
and configure SM to use it by running configure script. For more info,
take a look here :

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/InstallingSquirrelMail

On Mon, September 19, 2005 8:36 am, Bryan Frechette said:

> Hi i would like to be able to use my squirrelmail with uw-imap and
> postfix on a debian unstable and i'm using apache 1.3.33 if someone can
> help configurate it, that would be great, thank you in advance
> Bryan Fréchette
>
> --
> Bryan Fréchette
> Consultant en Info.
> 12 Boucher #10
> Québec, QC
> G2B 3C1
> (418) 261-8732 bureau
> (418) 840-1289 rés.
> (418) 624-7444 fax

Muhd Zamri Muhd Suharini
System Administrator
Kolej ShahPutra Kuantan
BIM Point
Bandar Indera Mahkota
25200 Kuantan Pahang
Malaysia
Tel : +609 573 7777
Fax : +609 573 8899
HP  : +6019 992 8717

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it
and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient. Kolej ShahPutra Kuantan and any of its
subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.