[SM-USERS] accent

André Almeida
  I'm use SM 1.4.6 devel and php 5 when a messeger
have accent they show other char ("?"). how can i fix
this?
it is possible change the password of the postfix mail
server?

thanks

André Luís

Re: [SM-USERS] accent

Tomas Kuliavas
>   I'm use SM 1.4.6 devel and php 5 when a messeger
> have accent they show other char ("?"). how can i fix
> this?

Please show message headers. MIME-Version, Content-Type and
Content-transfer-encoding. If you have multipart message, show main
message headers and message part headers.

> it is possible change the password of the postfix mail
> server?

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins_category.php?category_id=5

Re: [SM-USERS] accent

Tomas Kuliavas
I need message headers in order to understand your problem. Please show
message headers.

For example your mail message headers say:
---
---

You can see headers in message source. Message source can be displayed
with message_details plugin. Message_details plugin is included in
SquirrelMail package. Please show headers of incorrectly displayed email.
Question mark can be added by SquirrelMail decoding functions, if email is
incorrectly formated. Your browser can show question mark instead of
unknown 8bit character too.

> the issue is on the body of the messeger:
> ex:
> usuário: Fundação
> it's shows:
> usu?rio: Funda??o
> --- Tomas Kuliavas <[hidden email]>
> escreveu:
>
>> >   I'm use SM 1.4.6 devel and php 5 when a messeger
>> > have accent they show other char ("?"). how can i
>> fix
>> > this?
>>
>> Please show message headers. MIME-Version,
>> Content-Type and
>> Content-transfer-encoding. If you have multipart
>> message, show main
>> message headers and message part headers.
>>
>> > it is possible change the password of the postfix
>> mail
>> > server?
>>

> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins_category.php?category_id=5
>>
>> --
>> Tomas

>> Tame your development challenges with Apache's
>> Geronimo App Server. Download
>> it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv
>> or your very own
>> Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play:
>> http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
>> --
>>
> http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
>> List Archives:
>>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995
>> List Info:

> Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis.
> Instale o discador agora!
> http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

Re: [SM-USERS] accent

Tomas Kuliavas
contact person that created the message and ask to fix it.

Standard rfc822 message format does not define 8bit information formating
rules. Formating rules are defined in rfcs 2045-2048.

See http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2045.html

If message does not have MIME-version header, it must be formated
according to rfc822 rules and must contain only 7bit information. If web
designer creates email with 8bit information, he or she must make sure
that 8bit email is formated according to rfc2045. MIME-Version header must
be present. Content-Type header must define message format and used
character set, Content-transfer-encoding must define encoding used to
transfer the message.

SquirrelMail can't process your message correctly because message does not
provide information about used format.

> the headers of this msg:

... removed message headers with private information ...