[SM-USERS] Viewing (instead of downloading) html messages with css freezes apache

[SM-USERS] Viewing (instead of downloading) html messages with css freezes apache

Roman Gaufman-2
Hey,

We have a major issue where a lot of our reports are sent as html with css embedded - each report is around 500KB in size and comes weekly. Problem is when viewing the message in html mode instead of downloading, it totally hangs apache for 40 seconds making webmail unusable for everyone else. I'm also seeing 100% CPU utilization on the server and the uptime shows a load of >5 which is huge.

Is this a known problem? -- if not, how would I go upon disabling the "View" href for mimetype text/html until I find a better solution?

If this is an unknown problem I'm going to attach something that replicates it (cant attach the report itself though, its confidential), but this is really crippling our system and a temporary solution would be great.

Thanks,

Roman

Re: [SM-USERS] Viewing (instead of downloading) html messages with css freezes apache

Paul Lesniewski

Roman Gaufman wrote:

> Hey,
>
> We have a major issue where a lot of our reports are sent as html with
> css embedded - each report is around 500KB in size and comes weekly.
> Problem is when viewing the message in html mode instead of downloading,
> it totally hangs apache for 40 seconds making webmail unusable for
> everyone else. I'm also seeing 100% CPU utilization on the server and
> the uptime shows a load of >5 which is huge.
>
> Is this a known problem? -- if not, how would I go upon disabling the
> "View" href for mimetype text/html until I find a better solution?
>
> If this is an unknown problem I'm going to attach something that
> replicates it (cant attach the report itself though, its confidential),
> but this is really crippling our system and a temporary solution would
> be great.

Posting Guidelines: