[SM-USERS] Unable to view msg after opening attachment

[SM-USERS] Unable to view msg after opening attachment

Jason Pfingstmann-2
I've seen somone who was reporting a similar issue, but never got a reply
(perhaps because he suggested it was an XP issue).  Here's my problem:

When an e-mail has an attachment, you can view the attachment, but then
when you go back to the inbox and try to reopen the message, top of the
page loads, but not the message (or anything below it for that matter).
I've looked in error_log on the server to see if apache was throwing any
errors - nope.  Also, I've run the configtest.php from Squirremail - it
doesn't report any issues.  The only way to re-open that e-mail is to log
out and back in - it then displays fine.  Also, if you move the message
from one folder to another and then try to view it again - it loads fine.
This happens on Firefox for Linux, Windows and also IE, so I don't believe
it to be a browser issue.

The "Message List Delete Previous Next" bar appears, but that's it.  I'm
at a loss for where else to look.  Below is my version info for various
things and the last line of the page source when the problem happens.
Again, this ONLY happens when opening attachments.

Last line of the "mostly blank" page:
<small><a
href="/src/compose.php?passed_id=1540&amp;mailbox=INBOX&amp;startMessage=1&amp;passed_ent_id=0&amp;smaction=forward">Forward</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a
href="/src/compose.php?passed_id=1540&amp;mailbox=INBOX&amp;startMessage=1&amp;passed_ent_id=0&amp;smaction=forward_as_attachment">Forward
as Attachment</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a
href="/src/compose.php?passed_id=1540&amp;mailbox=INBOX&amp;startMessage=1&amp;passed_ent_id=0&amp;smaction=reply">Reply</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a
href="/src/compose.php?passed_id=1540&amp;mailbox=INBOX&amp;startMessage=1&amp;passed_ent_id=0&amp;smaction=reply_all">Reply

Distro:  Gentoo

Note:  For those of you not familiar with Gentoo, the listing below is the
versions of programs I have installed and their possible "use" flags -
which indicate ./configure options to be used during compile - the "+"
ones were enabled, the "-" ones were not.

net-www/apache-2.0.54-r31  +apache2 -debug -doc -ldap -mpm-leader
-mpm-peruser -mpm-prefork -mpm-threadpool -mpm-worker -no-suexec
(-selinux) +ssl -static-modules +threads

dev-php/mod_php-4.4.0-r3  -X +apache2 +berkdb +crypt +curl -debug -doc
-fdftk -firebird +flash -freetds +gd -gd-external +gdbm -gmp -hardenedphp
+imap -informix -ipv6 +java +jpeg -kerberos -ldap -mcal +memlimit -mssql
+mysql +nls -oci8 -odbc +pam +png +postgres +snmp +spell +ssl +tiff
-truetype +xml2 -yaz

dev-php/php-4.4.0-r1  -X +berkdb +crypt +curl -debug -doc -fdftk -firebird
+flash -freetds +gd -gd-external +gdbm -gmp -hardenedphp +imap -informix
-ipv6 +java +jpeg -kerberos -ldap -mcal +memlimit -mssql +mysql +ncurses
+nls -oci8 -odbc +pam +png +postgres +readline +snmp +spell +ssl +tiff
-truetype +xml2 -yaz

net-mail/courier-imap-4.0.4  -berkdb -debug -fam +gdbm -ipv6 +nls (-selinux)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Pfingstmann

Re: [SM-USERS] Unable to view msg after opening attachment

Tomas Kuliavas
> I've seen somone who was reporting a similar issue, but never got a reply
> (perhaps because he suggested it was an XP issue).  Here's my problem:
>
> When an e-mail has an attachment, you can view the attachment, but then
> when you go back to the inbox and try to reopen the message, top of the
> page loads, but not the message (or anything below it for that matter).
> I've looked in error_log on the server to see if apache was throwing any
> errors - nope.  Also, I've run the configtest.php from Squirremail - it
> doesn't report any issues.  The only way to re-open that e-mail is to log
> out and back in - it then displays fine.  Also, if you move the message
> from one folder to another and then try to view it again - it loads fine.

disable php register_globals or get src/download.php from squirrelmail
1.4.6cvs or check link to patch on
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/KnownBugs. Variable corruption on php
4.4.0 + register_globals = on

Currently you should enable globals only when script asks for it and when
old script is broken. Since php 4.2.0 scripts are written for
register_globals = off setups. Running php with rg=on can cause variable
corruption and security issues.

register_globals can be disabled in php.ini, apache configuration and
.htaccess files.