[SM-USERS] Support for HTTP email protocol??

[SM-USERS] Support for HTTP email protocol??

davidvose
Does SquirrelMail support HTTP email protocol? If so, can anyone help me through pulling messages off a Lycos account (and deleting the originals off that server ideally)?

Outlook for instance supports this - what you need when adding new accounts is select HTTP protocol and http://webdav.lycos.co.uk as the server, with the relevant username and password.

Lycos free email accounts don't support pop3 - you have to pay for this.

Many thanks
David

HBOS plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC218813. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. HBOS plc is a holding company, subsidiaries of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Re: [SM-USERS] Support for HTTP email protocol??

Fredrik Jervfors
> Does SquirrelMail support HTTP email protocol? If so, can anyone help me
> through pulling messages off a Lycos account (and deleting the originals
> off that server ideally)?
>
> Outlook for instance supports this - what you need when adding new
> accounts is select HTTP protocol and http://webdav.lycos.co.uk as the
> server, with the relevant username and password.
>
> Lycos free email accounts don't support pop3 - you have to pay for this.

The first thing that comes to mind is the Got Hotmail plugin, but it's
based on gotmail, which, as far as I know, only supports Hotmail. On the
other hand I hear that http://sourceforge.net/projects/hotwayd/ supports
Lycos, but there's no SquirrelMail plugin designed especially for hotwayd.
Then again, since hotwayd appears to be a POP3-HTTPMail gateway daemon you
should be able to use the mail_fetch plugin (included in the SquirrelMail
distribution), which supports POP3 fetching, i.e. mail_fetch -> hotwayd ->
Lycos.

Good luck and please tell the list if you succeeded.

Sincerely,
Fredrik.