[SM-USERS] Squirrelmail Halting

João Marcelo
I'm using squirrelmail 1.4.5 , with php4 and apache2
on a Debian Sarge 3.1 .

Whenever i try to send an email when my inbox is
extremely full , the mail is sent ,but squirrelmail
doesn't return an confirmation message . It seems to
be frozen.

I have quotas on dovecot , 500mb for each user , but
it happens when the mail box is about 200mb full . It
used to happen before i placed the quotas .

I know the mail is sent because check the destination
mailbox .

Re: [SM-USERS] Squirrelmail Halting

Jay Lee
João Marcelo wrote:
> I'm using squirrelmail 1.4.5 , with php4 and apache2
> on a Debian Sarge 3.1 .
>
> Whenever i try to send an email when my inbox is
> extremely full , the mail is sent ,but squirrelmail
> doesn't return an confirmation message . It seems to
> be frozen.

Please post your config/config.php file.  Particularly your settings
regarding SMTP/SendMail.

> I have quotas on dovecot , 500mb for each user , but
> it happens when the mail box is about 200mb full . It
> used to happen before i placed the quotas .

That effectively rules out a quota issue then...

> I know the mail is sent because check the destination
> mailbox .

Your checking the destenation mail account or the "Sent" folder on your
account?  Have you tried changing the Sent folder to None in Options,
Folder Options, does it still freeze?  How many messages in the Sent folder?

Jay
--
Jay Lee
Network / Systems Administrator

Re: [SM-USERS] Squirrelmail Halting

Dan McCullough
What plugins do you have installed?  Are any of them specific to
sending or confimation in squirrelmail?  Anything in the php or apache
logs?

On 11/8/05, João Marcelo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using squirrelmail 1.4.5 , with php4 and apache2
> on a Debian Sarge 3.1 .
>
> Whenever i try to send an email when my inbox is
> extremely full , the mail is sent ,but squirrelmail
> doesn't return an confirmation message . It seems to
> be frozen.
>
> I have quotas on dovecot , 500mb for each user , but
> it happens when the mail box is about 200mb full . It
> used to happen before i placed the quotas .
>
> I know the mail is sent because check the destination
> mailbox .

Re: [SM-USERS] Squirrelmail Halting

João Marcelo
The destination account is where i check and the
message is there . I have tried changing the sent
folder , but still doesn't work . I send my config.php
as a attachment . And there are no plugins , just the
plain installation

--- Jay Lee <[hidden email]> escreveu:

> João Marcelo wrote:
> > I'm using squirrelmail 1.4.5 , with php4 and
> apache2
> > on a Debian Sarge 3.1 .
> >
> > Whenever i try to send an email when my inbox is
> > extremely full , the mail is sent ,but
> squirrelmail
> > doesn't return an confirmation message . It seems
> > be frozen.
>
> Please post your config/config.php file.
> Particularly your settings
> regarding SMTP/SendMail.
>
> > I have quotas on dovecot , 500mb for each user ,
> but
> > it happens when the mail box is about 200mb full .
> It
> > used to happen before i placed the quotas .
>
> That effectively rules out a quota issue then...
>
> > I know the mail is sent because check the
> destination
> > mailbox .
>
> Your checking the destenation mail account or the
> "Sent" folder on your
> account?  Have you tried changing the Sent folder to
> None in Options,
> Folder Options, does it still freeze?  How many
> messages in the Sent folder?
>
> Jay
> --
> Jay Lee
> Network / Systems Administrator
> Information Technology Dept.
> Philadelphia Biblical University

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis.
Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

config.php (10K) Download Attachment

RE: [SM-USERS] Squirrelmail Halting

Marc Powell
You have many plugins enabled according to your config.php, 22 to be exact ;) The most interesting one is the sent_subfolders plugin. Try running config/conf.pl, select option 8 (Plugins) and disable sent_subfolders.

--
Marc

Beat me too it :), and I think that it is more then the default
plugins that come with the install.

On 11/8/05, Marc Powell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You have many plugins enabled according to your config.php, 22 to be exact ;) The most interesting one is the sent_subfolders plugin. Try running config/conf.pl, select option 8 (Plugins) and disable sent_subfolders.
>
> --
> Marc

i'll disable them all and report back what happens.
--- Dan McCullough <[hidden email]>

http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?groupgmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id)95