[SM-USERS] SM v1.4.5 - problem with mail folder path

[SM-USERS] SM v1.4.5 - problem with mail folder path

Juergen Edner
Hello,
I'm currently using SM v1.4.5 with uw-imap and the path
to the users mail subdirectory has been set in the uw-imap
configuration and therefore the parameter 'folder
preferences->special folder options->folder path' has not
been set.
Today I misleadingly entered a '/' in the folder path field
and was astonished that I was able to see the content of the
system root directory and its subdirectories via the folders
menue.
Now I wonder if this is caused because I have misconfigured
SM/uw-imap or if it is a true error. Normally I would say
that by default the user home directory should be used as a
prefix  for this parameter and that it shouldn't be allowed
to fool the system.

Regards J├╝rgen
--
Mail: [hidden email]
GPG Key available

Re: [SM-USERS] SM v1.4.5 - problem with mail folder path

Tomas Kuliavas
> Hello,
> I'm currently using SM v1.4.5 with uw-imap and the path
> to the users mail subdirectory has been set in the uw-imap
> configuration and therefore the parameter 'folder
> preferences->special folder options->folder path' has not
> been set.
> Today I misleadingly entered a '/' in the folder path field
> and was astonished that I was able to see the content of the
> system root directory and its subdirectories via the folders
> menue.
> Now I wonder if this is caused because I have misconfigured
> SM/uw-imap or if it is a true error. Normally I would say
> that by default the user home directory should be used as a
> prefix  for this parameter and that it shouldn't be allowed
> to fool the system.

You haven't misconfigured UW IMAP. You've used default configuration.

http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/index.html#5.1