[SM-USERS] Problems with ubuntu & dovecot Imap

[SM-USERS] Problems with ubuntu & dovecot Imap

Barton L. Phillips
I am trying to get SM to work with ubuntu and the dovecot Imap. I tried
cyrus and courier but couldn't get them to work at all with Thunderbird.
Dovecot works okay with Thunderburd.

My problem with SM is that I don't see any folders to subscribe to. If I
create a folder I can see it in Thunderbird but not in SM. I have almost
given up here. I am sure there is something simple I am missing. I tried
conf.pl and the D but there is no dovecot implementation so I tried
Other and courier and cyrus but no luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated at this point. Even if it is to try
another server like cyrus or courier. I tried them but couldn't get them
configured right but if there is a simple solution to configuration I
will try again.

Thanks

--
----------------
Barton L. Phillips

Re: [SM-USERS] Problems with ubuntu & dovecot Imap

Tomas Kuliavas
> I am trying to get SM to work with ubuntu and the dovecot Imap. I tried
> cyrus and courier but couldn't get them to work at all with Thunderbird.
> Dovecot works okay with Thunderburd.
>
> My problem with SM is that I don't see any folders to subscribe to. If I
> create a folder I can see it in Thunderbird but not in SM. I have almost
> given up here. I am sure there is something simple I am missing. I tried
> conf.pl and the D but there is no dovecot implementation so I tried
> Other and courier and cyrus but no luck so far.
>
> Any help would be appreciated at this point. Even if it is to try
> another server like cyrus or courier. I tried them but couldn't get them
> configured right but if there is a simple solution to configuration I
> will try again.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-12.html#ss12.9

* imap_server_type = dovecot or other
* default_folder_prefix = none (is set to empty string)
* trash_folder = Trash
* sent_folder = Sent
* draft_folder = Drafts
* show_prefix_option = false
* default_sub_of_inbox = false
* show_contain_subfolders_option = false
* optional_delimiter = detect
* delete_folder = false
* force_username_lowercase = true

You can also enable server side sorting in 4. General Options.

Re: [SM-USERS] Problems with ubuntu & dovecot Imap

Barton L. Phillips
Thanks Tomas. I dug into the source and with some experimenting I got the same results yesterday, but thanks anyway.

--
Barton L. Phillips
Applied Technology Resources, Inc.
Tel: (818)652-9850
Web: http://www.applitec.com

barton.vcf (262 bytes) Download Attachment