[SM-USERS] Problems with Attachments - getAddr_s() error

[SM-USERS] Problems with Attachments - getAddr_s() error

Rob Connon (Info)
Hi guys,

I have been having problems with squirrelmail over the last few days, I
am running on FreeBSD 5.4p8 out of ports - it started after upgrading to
php4.4.1 and the latest port of apache-modssl.
after the upgrade users were complaining about timing out on reading
email.. after turning on display errors in my php.ini i was seeing the
error *Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
*/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php* on line *98* which is
included in the forwarded posts below from the freebsd mailing list...
in the end i updated to php5 and it fixed this issue..

Now i am running into a different issue, if i open a message that has an
attachment like image or xls file i can see the image or xls fine.. when
i click back on the browser i get this error *Fatal error*: Call to a
member function getAddr_s() on a non-object in
*/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php* on line *431, *and no
matter what i do i cant reload the original email/attachment until i log
out and close the browser window
then open a new browser window and log back in.. then i can get the
email / image back for one viewing.. and the error repeats.

Can anyone help me with this? unfortunetly image attachments are the
single most important feature out users use.

Thanks.

Rob

-------------

I've got a box running 5.4p8, latest versions of courier imap,
squirrelmail, and php 4.4.1. I'm seeing this issue; I can open message
#1, I can't open any other messsages, I get a timeout and a blank
page(plus the compose, address, etc).. other than that, I'm not sure
where to go with this, any thoughts?

-----------------

Rob Connon Wrote:

Hi i am working on the same issue...  Just to follow up i have
reinstalled all dependancies for squirrelmail and same result. i have
also tested over http no luck.

it was working fine until earlier when i updated php, apache and a few
other ports. As mentioned above most times the first message on login is
loaded.. after that the timeout occurs... also there are a few instances
where the message will load before the 30 sec timeout but will still
take 20 - 25 secs to load..

Composing, saving drafts, new mail all works fine.. the problem seems to
ONLY be reading email and errors on read_body.php line 98|99 - clients
using imap/pop from various other MUA's have no issue.

*Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
*/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php* on line *98*
*Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
*/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php* on line *99* e been
having problems with squirrelmail over the last few days.. the first
problems i had we just after updating php to 4.4.1

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [SM-USERS] Problems with Attachments - getAddr_s() error

Tomas Kuliavas
> Hi guys,
>

> I have been having problems with squirrelmail over the last few days, I
> am running on FreeBSD 5.4p8 out of ports - it started after upgrading to
> php4.4.1 and the latest port of apache-modssl.
> after the upgrade users were complaining about timing out on reading
> email.. after turning on display errors in my php.ini i was seeing the
> error *Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> */usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php* on line *98* which is
> included in the forwarded posts below from the freebsd mailing list...
> in the end i updated to php5 and it fixed this issue..
>
> Now i am running into a different issue, if i open a message that has an
> attachment like image or xls file i can see the image or xls fine.. when
> i click back on the browser i get this error *Fatal error*: Call to a
> member function getAddr_s() on a non-object in
> */usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php* on line *431, *and no
> matter what i do i cant reload the original email/attachment until i log
> out and close the browser window
> then open a new browser window and log back in.. then i can get the
> email / image back for one viewing.. and the error repeats.
>

> Can anyone help me with this? unfortunetly image attachments are the
> single most important feature out users use.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rob

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/KnownBugs

1. if you use php 4.4.x - disable register globals. Known issue. fixed in
SquirrelMail 1.4.6cvs.

2. if you use php 4.4.1 - upgrade to php 4.4.x-dev or downgrade to 4.4.0.
PHP 4.4.1 has known issues with next() and prev() functions.

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [SM-USERS] Problems with Attachments - getAddr_s() error

Tomas Kuliavas
Have you read 1.4.5 part in KnownBugs wiki? First item in the list. Patch
is on tracker. Or you can check SquirrelMail 1.4.6cvs changes in
listcommands plugin, class/mime/Rfc822Header.class.php and
functions/imap_messages.php.

SquirrelMail 1.4.5 can't be used in php 5.0.5/5.1 due to increased error
reporting level in array_shift function. In php 5.0.4+ some squirrelmail
scripts display E_NOTICE level errors that can break script execution or
corrupt attachments. In php 4.4.0 with register_globals = on attachments
cause variable corruption.

PHP 4.4.0 and 5.0.4+ fixes are in
* class/deliver/Deliver.class.php (e_notice level error)
* class/mime/Message.class.php (e_notice level error)
* class/mime/Rfc822Header.class.php (fatal error)
* functions/abook_database.php (e_notice level error)
* functions/imap_messages.php (fatal error)
* plugins/listcommands/setup.php (fatal error)
* src/download.php (variable corruption in register_globals = on)
* src/view_text.php (variable corruption in register_globals = on)

If you can't extract changes between rel-1_4_5 and SM-1_4-STABLE from cvs,
I can send you diff.

> I am now using php5-5.0.5_1 - is there a work around?
>
> Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>
>>>Hi guys,
>>>

>>>I have been having problems with squirrelmail over the last few days, I
>>>am running on FreeBSD 5.4p8 out of ports - it started after upgrading to
>>>php4.4.1 and the latest port of apache-modssl.
>>>after the upgrade users were complaining about timing out on reading
>>>email.. after turning on display errors in my php.ini i was seeing the
>>>error *Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
>>>*/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php* on line *98* which is
>>>included in the forwarded posts below from the freebsd mailing list...
>>>in the end i updated to php5 and it fixed this issue..
>>>
>>>Now i am running into a different issue, if i open a message that has an
>>>attachment like image or xls file i can see the image or xls fine.. when
>>>i click back on the browser i get this error *Fatal error*: Call to a
>>>member function getAddr_s() on a non-object in
>>>*/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/src/read_body.php* on line *431, *and no
>>>matter what i do i cant reload the original email/attachment until i log
>>>out and close the browser window
>>>then open a new browser window and log back in.. then i can get the
>>>email / image back for one viewing.. and the error repeats.
>>>

>>>Can anyone help me with this? unfortunetly image attachments are the
>>>single most important feature out users use.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>
>>>Rob
>>>

>>http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/KnownBugs
>>
>>1. if you use php 4.4.x - disable register globals. Known issue. fixed in
>>SquirrelMail 1.4.6cvs.
>>
>>2. if you use php 4.4.1 - upgrade to php 4.4.x-dev or downgrade to 4.4.0.
>>PHP 4.4.1 has known issues with next() and prev() functions.

>>List Info:

Re: [SM-USERS] Problems with Attachments - getAddr_s() error

Rob Connon (Info)
Hi

I have reverted to php 4.4.0, thanks for all your help.

rob.

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

[...]

List Info:

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment