[SM-USERS] Problem with generic plugins..

[SM-USERS] Problem with generic plugins..

marco giardina
Hello list,

i have Tiger Server 10.4 of Apple, and i have installed under the path
/etc/squiremail/plugins a simple autoresponder plug and abilitate the
calendar plugin. Then when open the master page of Squiremail  and teh
Oprion pane, i don't seen  of new(plugin).

The following "error" appears also when i abilitate another pkugin (in
list or new); in  brief any plugins reject  own  work; i do not received
error or other during the use of Squirremail..

Please does anyone can help me ??

Thanks in advance
Marco

Re: [SM-USERS] Problem with generic plugins..

Paul Lesniewski
> i have Tiger Server 10.4 of Apple, and i have installed under the path
> /etc/squiremail/plugins a simple autoresponder plug

You should tell us which one.

> and abilitate the

"abilitate" == "enable"?  :)

> calendar plugin. Then when open the master page of Squiremail  and teh
> Oprion pane, i don't seen  of new(plugin).
>
> The following "error" appears also when i abilitate another pkugin (in
> list or new); in  brief any plugins reject  own  work; i do not received
> error or other during the use of Squirremail..

Without any more information, we cannot help you.  Please read this:

Posting Guidelines:

Then post system information, plugin information, and show the PHP
errors you may be receiving.

Re: [SM-USERS] Problem with generic plugins..

> Hello list,
>
> i have Tiger Server 10.4 of Apple, and i have installed under the path
> /etc/squiremail/plugins a simple autoresponder plug and abilitate the
> calendar plugin. Then when open the master page of Squiremail  and teh
> Oprion pane, i don't seen  of new(plugin).
>
> The following "error" appears also when i abilitate another pkugin (in
> list or new); in  brief any plugins reject  own  work; i do not received
> error or other during the use of Squirremail..
>
> Please does anyone can help me ??

enable plugins in squirrelmail configuration.

are you sure that plugins should be stored in /etc/squirrelmail/plugins
directory? /etc/ directory should store configuration data and not
programs or scripts.

Paul Lesneiwski wrote:

>>i have Tiger Server 10.4 of Apple, and i have installed under the path
>>/etc/squiremail/plugins a simple autoresponder plug
>>

>You should tell us which one.

this is the plugin copyed inside the folder /etc/squirelmail/plugin :
http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=172

>>and abilitate the
>>

>"abilitate" == "enable"?  :)

well, sorry for my terrible uk..

>>calendar plugin. Then when open the master page of Squiremail  and teh
>>Oprion pane, i don't seen  of new(plugin).
>>
>>The following "error" appears also when i abilitate another pkugin (in
>>list or new); in  brief any plugins reject  own  work; i do not received
>>error or other during the use of Squirremail..
>>

>Without any more information, we cannot help you.  Please read this:
>
>Posting Guidelines:
>
>Then post system information, plugin information, and show the PHP
>errors you may be receiving.

Well, my system is MacOS X Tiger Server 10.4.2 and squirrelmail is
already enabled of default.
Squirrelmail is the 1.4.0 release active on my server.
thanks

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

>>Hello list,
>>
>>i have Tiger Server 10.4 of Apple, and i have installed under the path
>>/etc/squiremail/plugins a simple autoresponder plug and abilitate the
>>calendar plugin. Then when open the master page of Squiremail  and teh
>>Oprion pane, i don't seen  of new(plugin).
>>
>>The following "error" appears also when i abilitate another pkugin (in
>>list or new); in  brief any plugins reject  own  work; i do not received
>>error or other during the use of Squirremail..
>>
>>Please does anyone can help me ??
>>

>enable plugins in squirrelmail configuration.
>
>are you sure that plugins should be stored in /etc/squirrelmail/plugins
>directory? /etc/ directory should store configuration data and not
>programs or scripts.

weel good question.. i don't know exactly where is the right location to
install a new login: i have seen that under /etc/squirrelmail/pluging
there are all the folder of the standard plugins. Also, the folder
*plugins* is a symlink that point at /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins..

marco

Re: [SM-USERS] Problem with generic plugins..

Tomas Kuliavas
> Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>
>>>Hello list,
>>>
>>>i have Tiger Server 10.4 of Apple, and i have installed under the path
>>>/etc/squiremail/plugins a simple autoresponder plug and abilitate the
>>>calendar plugin. Then when open the master page of Squiremail  and teh
>>>Oprion pane, i don't seen  of new(plugin).
>>>
>>>The following "error" appears also when i abilitate another pkugin (in
>>>list or new); in  brief any plugins reject  own  work; i do not received
>>>error or other during the use of Squirremail..
>>>
>>>Please does anyone can help me ??
>>>

>>enable plugins in squirrelmail configuration.
>>
>>are you sure that plugins should be stored in /etc/squirrelmail/plugins
>>directory? /etc/ directory should store configuration data and not
>>programs or scripts.
>>

> weel good question.. i don't know exactly where is the right location to
> install a new login: i have seen that under /etc/squirrelmail/pluging
> there are all the folder of the standard plugins. Also, the folder
> *plugins* is a symlink that point at /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins..

Information about configuration utility
http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-2.html#ss2.3

Information about plugins
http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-7.html#ss7.1

Calendar plugin that is distributed with SquirrelMail adds link in
SquirrelMail top meniu.

Autoresponder plugin adds option block. It needs compatibility plugin.
Possible issue with autorespond 0.4 plugin - you must remove version
number from plugin directory name.

Rename /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/autorespond-0.4 to
/usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/autorespond

If you keep version number in directory name - plugin is not loaded.

I think MacOSX Tiger uses cyrus and not generic system user setup.
autorespond v.0.4 plugin might be unsuitable for you.

mailing by GSoft wrote:

> Paul Lesneiwski wrote:
>
>>> i have Tiger Server 10.4 of Apple, and i have installed under the path
>>> /etc/squiremail/plugins a simple autoresponder plug
>>

>> You should tell us which one.
>>

> this is the plugin copyed inside the folder /etc/squirelmail/plugin :
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=172

OK.  I think that one still works, but I don't know if the author is
around any more or not.  If you have problems with it (I'm not sure your
problems are with the plugin or your SquirrelMail setup in general), you
can also use Vacation_Local, which is being actively maintained.

>>> and abilitate the
>>>

>> "abilitate" == "enable"?  :)
>>

> well, sorry for my terrible uk..

:)  No problem, just wanted to be sure.

>>> calendar plugin. Then when open the master page of Squiremail  and teh
>>> Oprion pane, i don't seen  of new(plugin).
>>>
>>> The following "error" appears also when i abilitate another pkugin (in
>>> list or new); in  brief any plugins reject  own  work; i do not received
>>> error or other during the use of Squirremail..
>>>

>> Without any more information, we cannot help you.  Please read this:
>>
>> Posting Guidelines:
>>
>> Then post system information, plugin information, and show the PHP
>> errors you may be receiving.
>>

> Well, my system is MacOS X Tiger Server 10.4.2 and squirrelmail is
> already enabled of default.
> Squirrelmail is the 1.4.0 release active on my server.
> thanks

1.4.0 is very old.  You need to upgrade for security reasons alone as
soon as possible.  OS X has http error logs too; so you should be
checking them or turning on the display of errors in PHP.  All the
information on how to do that is in the posting guidelines.  We can't
help you unless you can help yourself.

 - paul

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

>>>enable plugins in squirrelmail configuration.
>>>
>>>are you sure that plugins should be stored in /etc/squirrelmail/plugins
>>>directory? /etc/ directory should store configuration data and not
>>>programs or scripts.
>>>

>>weel good question.. i don't know exactly where is the right location to
>>install a new login: i have seen that under /etc/squirrelmail/pluging
>>there are all the folder of the standard plugins. Also, the folder
>>*plugins* is a symlink that point at /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins..
>>

>Information about configuration utility
>http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-2.html#ss2.3
>
>Information about plugins
>http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-7.html#ss7.1
>
>Calendar plugin that is distributed with SquirrelMail adds link in
>SquirrelMail top meniu.
>
>Autoresponder plugin adds option block. It needs compatibility plugin.
>Possible issue with autorespond 0.4 plugin - you must remove version
>number from plugin directory name.
>
>Rename /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/autorespond-0.4 to
>/usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/autorespond
>
>If you keep version number in directory name - plugin is not loaded.
>
>I think MacOSX Tiger uses cyrus and not generic system user setup.
>autorespond v.0.4 plugin might be unsuitable for you.

Sorry, i can read only now your reply.
Well, now the plugins is active on my Tiger Server, i can seen under
Option tab, the window configuration of autoresponder. After few test
and random selection, i can seen that it don't send nothing around - no
autoreply or forward - probably for the cyrus mechanism.. well but if
possible for my last test;
- where do i must copy the .forward file (may be now my location is
incorrect)??
- exist another plugin that work as autoresponder as concept for MacOS X?

thanks at all
Marco

Re: [SM-USERS] Problem with generic plugins..

Tomas Kuliavas

>>>weel good question.. i don't know exactly where is the right location to
>>>install a new login: i have seen that under /etc/squirrelmail/pluging
>>>there are all the folder of the standard plugins. Also, the folder
>>>*plugins* is a symlink that point at /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins..
>>>

>>Information about configuration utility
>>http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-2.html#ss2.3
>>
>>Information about plugins
>>http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-7.html#ss7.1
>>
>>Calendar plugin that is distributed with SquirrelMail adds link in
>>SquirrelMail top meniu.
>>
>>Autoresponder plugin adds option block. It needs compatibility plugin.
>>Possible issue with autorespond 0.4 plugin - you must remove version
>>number from plugin directory name.
>>
>>Rename /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/autorespond-0.4 to
>>/usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/autorespond
>>
>>If you keep version number in directory name - plugin is not loaded.
>>
>>I think MacOSX Tiger uses cyrus and not generic system user setup.
>>autorespond v.0.4 plugin might be unsuitable for you.
>>

> Sorry, i can read only now your reply.
> Well, now the plugins is active on my Tiger Server, i can seen under
> Option tab, the window configuration of autoresponder. After few test
> and random selection, i can seen that it don't send nothing around - no
> autoreply or forward - probably for the cyrus mechanism.. well but if
> possible for my last test;
> - where do i must copy the .forward file (may be now my location is
> incorrect)??
> - exist another plugin that work as autoresponder as concept for MacOS X?

I don't have access to your server. I don't know if you use cyrus or ftp
is not working for user accounts in your setup.

See
http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=73
http://email.uoa.gr/projects/squirrelmail/avelsieve.php

Plugin should be able to control server side filtering and vacation
replies on Cyrus server with SIEVE support.

Before you start using some vacation plugin, you should find out how to
enable vacation in your setup. What files should be changed in order to
get filtering or vacation support. Or at least name of the program that
does local email delivery. cyrus deliver, procmail, maildrop, some other
program.

MacOSX is commercial product and it might be difficult to check it for
developers that don't have access to Apple hardware. it is hard to guess
your setup. Some MacOSX versions list cyrus, some list MacOSX mail server,
some list EIMS. Learn about your setup, provide more details or ask Apple
to bundle own vacation plugin with prepackaged SquirrelMail version. Third
party SquirrelMail plugins can be distributed by any license. GPL is not
required.

There are plugins that allow changing vacation for system users with ftp
access, system users + some privileged program to modify .forward file,
qmail+vmailmgr, cyrus with sieve, courier+mysql, cpanel and ldap virtual
user setups.
http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins_category.php?category_id=19

Re: [SM-USERS] Problem with generic plugins..

Olivier DUCROT
le 25/10/05 12:42, Tomas Kuliavas à [hidden email] a écrit :

>>> Information about configuration utility
>>> http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-2.html#ss2.3
>>>
>>> Information about plugins
>>> http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-7.html#ss7.1
>>>
>>> Calendar plugin that is distributed with SquirrelMail adds link in
>>> SquirrelMail top meniu.
>>>
>>> Autoresponder plugin adds option block. It needs compatibility plugin.
>>> Possible issue with autorespond 0.4 plugin - you must remove version
>>> number from plugin directory name.
>>>
>>> Rename /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/autorespond-0.4 to
>>> /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/autorespond
>>>
>>> If you keep version number in directory name - plugin is not loaded.
>>>
>>> I think MacOSX Tiger uses cyrus and not generic system user setup.
>>> autorespond v.0.4 plugin might be unsuitable for you.
>>>

>> Sorry, i can read only now your reply.
>> Well, now the plugins is active on my Tiger Server, i can seen under
>> Option tab, the window configuration of autoresponder. After few test
>> and random selection, i can seen that it don't send nothing around - no
>> autoreply or forward - probably for the cyrus mechanism.. well but if
>> possible for my last test;
>> - where do i must copy the .forward file (may be now my location is
>> incorrect)??
>> - exist another plugin that work as autoresponder as concept for MacOS X?
>
> I don't have access to your server. I don't know if you use cyrus or ftp
> is not working for user accounts in your setup.
>
> See
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=73
> http://email.uoa.gr/projects/squirrelmail/avelsieve.php
>
> Plugin should be able to control server side filtering and vacation
> replies on Cyrus server with SIEVE support.
>
> Before you start using some vacation plugin, you should find out how to
> enable vacation in your setup. What files should be changed in order to
> get filtering or vacation support. Or at least name of the program that
> does local email delivery. cyrus deliver, procmail, maildrop, some other
> program.
>
> MacOSX is commercial product and it might be difficult to check it for
> developers that don't have access to Apple hardware. it is hard to guess
> your setup. Some MacOSX versions list cyrus, some list MacOSX mail server,
> some list EIMS. Learn about your setup, provide more details or ask Apple
> to bundle own vacation plugin with prepackaged SquirrelMail version. Third
> party SquirrelMail plugins can be distributed by any license. GPL is not
> required.
>
> There are plugins that allow changing vacation for system users with ftp
> access, system users + some privileged program to modify .forward file,
> qmail+vmailmgr, cyrus with sieve, courier+mysql, cpanel and ldap virtual
> user setups.
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins_category.php?category_id=19

Thomas, you're right, I think it's one of the best way to user sieve for
vacation autoresponder, but timsieved is broken from 10.4 to 10.4.2. It will
work fine in the next one, but it's not yet released.