[SM-USERS] No Messages Found - EIMS

Daniel A. Shockley

I am testing a new server setup (replacing a Yellow Dog Linux box
with Neomail) using SquirrelMail and EIMS running on Mac OS X
(10.3.9). Everything is working well except that when I try to Search
in SquirrelMail I get "No Messages Found" no matter what search
options I choose. When I try out Hastymail, search works properly.

I already tried the settings recommended on the pages:
<http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/EiMS>
<http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/EIMsUIDproblem>

1.) Set "Enable UID support" to false
2.) Set "Allow server charset search" to false

I tried seeing what happens when I changed "Allow server charset
search" to TRUE and got the following error:

ERROR: Bad or malformed request.
Query: FETCH (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To
Cc From Subject X-Priority Importance Priority Content-Type)])
Server responded: syntax error in message set

I also updated to SquirrelMail 1.4.5 to see if that would help. It
did allow me to set "Enable UID support" to TRUE, and the page
mentioned above says this is now OK (1.4.5 fixed the problem).

However, with any combination of the settings shown above I get "No
Messages Found" when I try to use SquirrelMail's Search function.

Has anyone seen this problem or have any other suggestions on what to try?
How does Hastymail search differently from SquirrelMail? Hastymail's
search function works.
I prefer to use SquirrelMail and hope to get this fixed.

Thank you,
--
Daniel A. Shockley
[hidden email]