[SM-USERS] Need help with global address book

[SM-USERS] Need help with global address book

Stuart Bowness
Hi All,

So I've been playing around with the idea of creating a global
address book for my colleagues and I to share at work. Firstly the
description of how to setup a global address-book is a little terse:

If you want to use global file address book, then you
must set this option to a valid value. If option does
not have path elements, system assumes that file is
stored in data directory. If relative path is set, it is
relative to main squirrelmail directory. If value is empty,
address book is not enabled.

Leaving me with the question... what is the valid value? I've created
the global table within the database but I'm unsure how to connect
the two.

Second question is... how does one add an address to the global
address-book? As far as I can see there is no way to add to anything
but the personal address-book.

Thanks in advance!!

Stuart

Re: [SM-USERS] Need help with global address book

Tomas Kuliavas

http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-7.html#ss7.5

> Leaving me with the question... what is the valid value? I've created
> the global table within the database but I'm unsure how to connect
> the two.

Set global address book DSN.

conf.pl -> 9. Database -> 8. DSN for Global Address Book

http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-5.html#ss5.6

> Second question is... how does one add an address to the global
> address-book? As far as I can see there is no way to add to anything
> but the personal address-book.

enable writing into global address book. If you have more than one
writable address book backend, address book form displays selection box.
You need SquirrelMail 1.4.5 or 1.4.4+patch.

writing control options are listed next to other address book
configuration options.