[SM-USERS] Maximum execution time exceeded in read_body.php

[SM-USERS] Maximum execution time exceeded in read_body.php

Mario-6
Hello,
I have following error while try to read mail:
*
Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
*/srv/www/mail/src/read_body.php* on line *98

I found, that only mails created by squirrelmail (as plain text) are
readable.
Any others gives above error message. (Content-Type: multipart/mixed)
I can read all mails via mail client (thunderbird for example) so they
are readable.
There are only 5 mails in maildir, so maximum_execution_time 30 should
be enough on AMD 1.4Ghz ;)

I use:
Slackware 10.2 (kernel 2.6.13.4)
Squirrelmail 1.4.5
Apache 2.0.55
PHP 4.4.1
Postfix 2.2.5
Imap server - Dovecot 1.0. alpha 3

Thanks a lot for your help,
Best regards,
Mariusz.
*

Re: [SM-USERS] Maximum execution time exceeded in read_body.php

Tomas Kuliavas
> Hello,
> I have following error while try to read mail:
> *
> Fatal error*: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> */srv/www/mail/src/read_body.php* on line *98
>
> I found, that only mails created by squirrelmail (as plain text) are
> readable.
> Any others gives above error message. (Content-Type: multipart/mixed)
> I can read all mails via mail client (thunderbird for example) so they
> are readable.
> There are only 5 mails in maildir, so maximum_execution_time 30 should
> be enough on AMD 1.4Ghz ;)
>
> I use:
> Slackware 10.2 (kernel 2.6.13.4)
> Squirrelmail 1.4.5
> Apache 2.0.55
> PHP 4.4.1
> Postfix 2.2.5
> Imap server - Dovecot 1.0. alpha 3

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/KnownBugs
Ctrl + F
find 4.4.1

Use different php version. 4.4.0 or 4.4.x-dev (http://snaps.php.net). You
can also avoid this timeout issue if you turn on server side sorting in
SquirrelMail configuration. Dovecot supports it. conf.pl -> 4. General
Options -> 11. Allow server side sorting

array functions next() and prev() are broken in 4.4.1.

Don't use php 4.4.1 or don't blame scripts. php 4.4.2 should be released
within two weeks.