[SM-USERS] Locales not working

André-7
Hello folks

I´ve installed the all-locales...tar.gz successfully, with the 'install' script, wich copied the files just fine, but the languages set at the preferences doesn´t seem to affect squirrelmail at all. I looked at http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/SupportingMultipleLanguages and it seems there are a lot of procedures for if you have control of your server machine, but my problem is that I´m on a shared hosting server. Is there something I can try? I´m on a Debian Sarge machine.

Thanks

phoenix_fly

Re: [SM-USERS] Locales not working

Tomas Kuliavas
> Hello folks
>
> I´ve installed the all-locales...tar.gz successfully, with the 'install'
> script, wich copied the files just fine, but the languages set at the
> preferences doesn´t seem to affect squirrelmail at all. I looked at
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/SupportingMultipleLanguages and it
> seems there are a lot of procedures for if you have control of your server
> machine, but my problem is that I´m on a shared hosting server. Is there
> something I can try? I´m on a Debian Sarge machine.

contact your hosting provider and ask to enable needed system locales.
Your provider gives you service, that can't be effectively used. php
gettext extension works on glibc systems only when appropriate system
locales are present.

If you don't want to talk with your hosting provider, you must replace all
php gettext function calls.