[SM-USERS] I get error when I add any filter(plugin) in Squirrelmail

[SM-USERS] I get error when I add any filter(plugin) in Squirrelmail

Yavuz Maslak-5
I use bincimap-server but I tried courier-imap at first. I got the same
error.

>Hello
> I use squirrel 1.4.4 on Qmail in Freebsd5.4
> I added filters plugin.
> When adding a filter and then attempting to apply the filter to
> my messages, I receive the following error:
> Error : Could not complete request.
> Reason Given: [BADCHARSET ("US-ASCII")] SEARCH failed.
>     I am running PHP 4.3.10 with Squirrelmail 1.4.4.
>     Any ideas?

Which IMAP server are you using?

Re: [SM-USERS] I get error when I add any filter(plugin) in Squirrelmail

Tomas Kuliavas
for Gods sake, read mails that you get, don't change reply style and keep
original email subject. If you get emails in digest, try using MIME digest
mode.

See
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8846705&forum_id=2995

If you configure SquirrelMail correctly and use standard freebsd courier
port, you should not get badcharset errors with courier-imap. double check
imap server that you are using.

Last time I've checked Turkish letter conversion rules were not supported
by FreeBSD and SquirrelMail 1.4.4+ contains workarounds for Turkish
translation. If you want to be sure that small dotless i and capital i
with dot above characters are not breaking things, make sure that you can
reproduce error in US English translation.

> I use bincimap-server but I tried courier-imap at first. I got the same
> error.
>

>>Hello
>> I use squirrel 1.4.4 on Qmail in Freebsd5.4
>> I added filters plugin.
>> When adding a filter and then attempting to apply the filter to
>> my messages, I receive the following error:
>> Error : Could not complete request.
>> Reason Given: [BADCHARSET ("US-ASCII")] SEARCH failed.
>>     I am running PHP 4.3.10 with Squirrelmail 1.4.4.
>>     Any ideas?
>
> Which IMAP server are you using?

Re: [SM-USERS] I get error when I add any filter(plugin) in Squirrelmail

Yavuz Maslak-5
Hello
First, I 'll try more careful about that I got mails.
finally I have the Filters plugin run with Courier-imap without turkish
charset.
But How can I solve this mail filters problem with BincIMAP ?

> for Gods sake, read mails that you get, don't change reply style and keep
> original email subject. If you get emails in digest, try using MIME digest
> mode.
>
> See

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8846705&forum_id=2995

> If you configure SquirrelMail correctly and use standard freebsd courier
> port, you should not get badcharset errors with courier-imap. double check
> imap server that you are using.
>
> Last time I've checked Turkish letter conversion rules were not supported
> by FreeBSD and SquirrelMail 1.4.4+ contains workarounds for Turkish
> translation. If you want to be sure that small dotless i and capital i
> with dot above characters are not breaking things, make sure that you can
> reproduce error in US English translation.
>
> --
> Tomas
>
> > I use bincimap-server but I tried courier-imap at first. I got the same
> > error.
> >

> >>Hello
> >> I use squirrel 1.4.4 on Qmail in Freebsd5.4
> >> I added filters plugin.
> >> When adding a filter and then attempting to apply the filter to
> >> my messages, I receive the following error:
> >> Error : Could not complete request.
> >> Reason Given: [BADCHARSET ("US-ASCII")] SEARCH failed.
> >>     I am running PHP 4.3.10 with Squirrelmail 1.4.4.
> >>     Any ideas?
> >
> > Which IMAP server are you using?

Re: [SM-USERS] I get error when I add any filter(plugin) in Squirrelmail

Tomas Kuliavas
Run SquirrelMail configuration utility (conf.pl) and check 4. General
Options -> 12. Allow server charset search option.

Set this option to false.

Binc IMAP server is small minimalistic server. It does not provide
features needed by webmail. Binc IMAP can be used only in small webmail
setups or with IMAP programs that do sorting on client machine. Use
courier, dovecot or any other imap server with SORT extension support. If
you manually compile courier-imap, make sure that --enable-unicode is
added to ./configure call.