[SM-USERS] How to translate into other language some words in left side of the main page?

[SM-USERS] How to translate into other language some words in left side of the main page?

Yavuz Maslak-5
Hello

There are some words that "Sent,Drafts,Trash" in left side of the main
page after login.
I couldn't find out how to translate into other language these words.
That's to say, I could translate Inbox,Purge,Checkmail etc.. but
Sent,Drafts,Trash how to change ?

Re: [SM-USERS] How to translate into other language some words in left side of the main page?

Tomas Kuliavas
> Hello
>
> There are some words that "Sent,Drafts,Trash" in left side of the main
> page after login.
> I couldn't find out how to translate into other language these words.
> That's to say, I could translate Inbox,Purge,Checkmail etc.. but
> Sent,Drafts,Trash how to change ?

These strings are not part of interface. They are IMAP folder names. You
can translate them in SquirrelMail configuration.

conf.pl
 3.  Folder Defaults
   3.  Trash Folder
   4.  Sent Folder
   5.  Drafts Folder

You must use UTF7-IMAP encoded folder names there. You can use form at
http://www.topolis.lt/squirrelmail/utf7-imap.php to convert from normal
text to utf7-imap. Script source can be found at
http://www.topolis.lt/squirrelmail/utf7-imap.phps

If you don't want to set translated folder names globally, users can
create translated folders and set them as Sent, Drafts and Trash folders.

Re: [SM-USERS] How to translate into other language some words in left side of the main page?

Fredrik Jervfors
> There are some words that "Sent,Drafts,Trash" in left side of the main
> page after login. I couldn't find out how to translate into other language
> these words. That's to say, I could translate Inbox,Purge,Checkmail etc..
> but Sent,Drafts,Trash how to change ?

Those are folder names which can't be translated since they are defined by
the system admin or end user, i.e. they are not strings created by
SquirrelMail. Just rename the folder to whatever you want it to be called.
If you're the admin, set the folders to something useful in the
configuration.

An example: my own system is in Swedish so this is what I did (using
"config/conf.pl").

10. Languages
-------------
1.  Default Language : sv_SE
2.  Default Charset  : iso-8859-1

3.  Folder Defaults
-------------------
3.  Trash Folder     : Papperskorg
4.  Sent Folder      : Skickat
5.  Drafts Folder    : Utkast

The end user can override this in: "Options/Folders".

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

Re: [SM-USERS] How to translate into other language some words in left side of the main page?

RE: [SM-USERS] Trying to connect to mailenable

Aaron Burton
Has anyone had any luck trying to connect to mailenable.  I cant seem to get
talk to the imap server.  I think it uses CRAM-MD5, but I don't even know of
a telnet program that uses CRAM-MD5 to try to telnet into ME IMAP to test
it.

Thanks for any information :)

RE: [SM-USERS] Trying to connect to mailenable

Aaron Burton
Another very weird problem

I install squirrelmail 1.4.5 http://www.nutsmail.com/ version

I installed it on my test windows box and it worked fine.
I installed it at my host and weird things started happening.
It loads up just fine but if I click on any of the plugins at
the header I get a "user needs to be logged in to view this page".
If I put on autologin I can get to those pages except now the
icon links to the plugins are
http://sqr.proviance.com/plugins/todo/plugins/todo/todo.php
instead of http://sqr.proviance.com/plugins/todo/todo.php

I have also noticed there are session files inside the plugin
directories, I don't know if this is normal or not.

If you want to see what I mean you can goto
http://sqr.proviance.com and login as [hidden email]/password
and try clicking on the todo plugin.

Thanks for the help

RE: [SM-USERS] Trying to connect to mailenable

> Has anyone had any luck trying to connect to mailenable.  I cant seem to
> get
> talk to the imap server.  I think it uses CRAM-MD5, but I don't even know
> of
> a telnet program that uses CRAM-MD5 to try to telnet into ME IMAP to test
> it.
>
> Thanks for any information :)

telnet your-imap-server 143
... some output by telnet program and imap server's response
a01 capability
... imap server's response
a02 logout
... connection closed

Show IMAP server's response to capability command.