[SM-USERS] Error message installing uw-imap

[SM-USERS] Error message installing uw-imap

Spam-Benachrichtigung
Hi,

I want to change from cyrus21 to uw-imap. So I removed cyrus21 with apt.
Trying to install uw-imap I get an error message.
The message is:

WARNING: Port "imap3" unselected in debconf but possibly handled
locally.
Creating generic self-signed certificate: /etc/ssl/certs/imapd.pem
(replace with hand-crafted or authorized one if needed).
hostname: Unknown host
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von uw-imapd (--configure):
 Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
 uw-imapd

Can you help me?

Roland

Re: [SM-USERS] Error message installing uw-imap

Re: [SM-USERS] Error message installing uw-imap

> Hi,
>
> I want to change from cyrus21 to uw-imap. So I removed cyrus21 with apt.
> Trying to install uw-imap I get an error message.
> The message is:
>
> WARNING: Port "imap3" unselected in debconf but possibly handled
> locally.
> Creating generic self-signed certificate: /etc/ssl/certs/imapd.pem
> (replace with hand-crafted or authorized one if needed).
> hostname: Unknown host
> dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von uw-imapd (--configure):
>  Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 1 zurück
> Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
>  uw-imapd
>
> Can you help me?

See http://bugs.debian.org

or make sure that you have hostname correctly configured. uw-imapd
postinst script runs 'hostname -s' and 'hostname -f' commands, reads
/etc/mailname file and tries to generate ssl certificate with openssl.