[SM-USERS] Error: could not complete request

[SM-USERS] Error: could not complete request

Alejandro Facultad
Hi people,

I'm using SquirrelMail 1.4.6 with mail mai system (sendmail+spamassassin+spamass-milter+procmail+clamav).

I set .procmailrc in my Home directory in order to filter spam on incoming mails, and if it is found, the spam is put in /home/my_user/spam folder.

The spam when is found effectively is put in the "spam" folder, but when I want to read it from SquirrelMail web interafece I get this error message:

ERROR: Could not complete request.
Consulta: SELECT "spam"
Reason Given: SELECT failed: Unable to find CRLF at 2048 in 64 bytes, text: From
[hidden email] Wed Oct 26 13:44:17 2005

What can I do in order to read the messages in the spam folder through SquirrelMail ??

Thanks a lot !!!

Alejandro

Re: [SM-USERS] Error: could not complete request

Re: [SM-USERS] Error: could not complete request

Alejandro Facultad
Dear Jonathan,

Effectively I'm using UW-IMAP....I follow your instruction but my spam file
doesn't have a line number 2048, just 345, and so I can't fix anything.

But is there any definitive solution ??? Because I can't fix the mail format
for each spam mail I receive....Also I delete and create my spam folder
several times, and then I receive spam and the error is the same as I
mentioned but in different lines.

Any idea ??? Maybe procmail is modifying my mail format when it put the spam
into the spam folder ???

Thanks again and greetings !!!!!

Alejandro

> Hi people,
>

> I'm using SquirrelMail 1.4.6 with mail mai system
> (sendmail+spamassassin+spamass-milter+procmail+clamav).
>

> I set .procmailrc in my Home directory in order to filter spam on
> incoming mails, and if it is found, the spam is put in /home/my_user/spam
> folder.
>
> The spam when is found effectively is put in the "spam" folder, but when
> I want to read it from SquirrelMail web interafece I get this error
> message:
>

> ERROR: Could not complete request.
> Consulta: SELECT "spam"
> Reason Given: SELECT failed: Unable to find CRLF at 2048 in 64 bytes,
> text: From [hidden email] Wed Oct 26 13:44:17 2005
>
> What can I do in order to read the messages in the spam folder through
> SquirrelMail ??

Fix the mailbox.  The format is broken, which is resulting in your IMAP
server refusing to allow you to access the folder.  Chances are, it
doesn't have a proper format.  Open the spam file (I'm assuming you're
using uw-imap because you don't mention it), and go to line 2048, make
sure there is a blank line before the "From ..." line.

Re: [SM-USERS] Error: could not complete request

Morten Nilsen
Alejandro K. Benadeo wrote:
>>ERROR: Could not complete request.
>>Consulta: SELECT "spam"
>>Reason Given: SELECT failed: Unable to find CRLF at 2048 in 64 bytes,
>>text: From [hidden email] Wed Oct 26 13:44:17 2005
 >
 > But is there any definitive solution ??? Because I can't fix the mail
 > format for each spam mail I receive....Also I delete and create my
 > spam folder several times, and then I receive spam and the error is
 > the same as I mentioned but in different lines.

try searching for the string "From [hidden email]" and look for
the missing blank line, like Jonathan wrote

--
Morten

Re: [SM-USERS] Error: could not complete request

RE: [SM-USERS] Error: could not complete request

Marc Powell

Why isn't Google the first place people go when they have a problem they
can't resolve on their own?

Searching for 'Unable to find CRLF', the number one hit brings you to

http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/#7.15

Read down a little bit and you will find very specific directions on how
to fix the malformed mailbox starting with --

"Here is a step-by-step technique for fixing corrupt mbx files that's a
bit cruder than the procedure outlined above, but works for any size
file.

In this example, suppose that the corrupt file is INBOX, the error
message is

 Unable to find CRLF at 132551754"

What you have to remove to fix the mbox (whatever it may be) should be a
clue to you as to what you have to fix (procmail or whatever) to prevent
it from happening again.

> Any idea ??? Maybe procmail is modifying my mail format when it put
the
> spam
> into the spam folder ???

Maybe, not likely but you may have locking issues and multiple processes
writing to the file at the same time corrupting the mailbox. That's
purely speculation though. Only you really know what's going on with the
systems you build.

--
Marc

p.s. please don't top post when the person you're responding to replied
in context. It _really_ jumbles the conversation.