Quantcast

[SM-USERS] A simple request

dhenderson-3

Anyone know the best method to add a legal disclaimer at the bottom of every email users send.  I figured the best way to do this would be to add a couple of blank lines after the originally typed message a user is sending and then attach the legal disclaimer.

I can edit the php code myself but I was going to ask for suggestions first.  I am sort of surprised there aren't any plugins for this.

Sincerely,

Devin Henderson

NetAdmin

Bonutti Technologies

Re: [SM-USERS] A simple request

Tomas Kuliavas
> Anyone know the best method to add a legal disclaimer at the bottom of
> every
> email users send.  I figured the best way to do this would be to add a
> couple of blank lines after the originally typed message a user is sending
> and then attach the legal disclaimer.
>

> I can edit the php code myself but I was going to ask for suggestions
> first.
> I am sort of surprised there aren't any plugins for this.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=39

Re: [SM-USERS] A simple request

Fredrik Jervfors
> Anyone know the best method to add a legal disclaimer at the bottom of
> every email users send.  I figured the best way to do this would be to add
> a couple of blank lines after the originally typed message a user is
> sending and then attach the legal disclaimer.

I dislike legal disclaimers. Do they really do something useful?

> I can edit the php code myself but I was going to ask for suggestions
> first. I am sort of surprised there aren't any plugins for this.

But there are plugins for that. The plugin pages are your friends. Server
side solutions are better though.
<http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=39>

Sincerely,
Fredrik.

Re: [SM-USERS] A simple request

Tony Earnshaw
[hidden email] wrote:

> Anyone know the best method to add a legal disclaimer at the bottom of
> every email users send.  I figured the best way to do this would be to
> add a couple of blank lines after the originally typed message a user is
> sending and then attach the legal disclaimer.

Your MTA is the best vehicle for this. Mine, Postfix 2.2, can use
altermime - Google :).

> I can edit the php code myself but I was going to ask for suggestions
> first.  I am sort of surprised there aren't any plugins for this.

--Tonni

--
Mail: [hidden email]
http://www.billy.demon.nl