[SM-PLUGINS] using vlogin to set user preference ( internet address, Full name)

[SM-PLUGINS] using vlogin to set user preference ( internet address, Full name)

Bumo
Hi, I'm using squirrelmail 1.4.4 on RH ES30, plugin vlogin 3.3.
I set a users.dat file with 2 column. The first is for the alias name name.surname, the second is for its real user "sur123" so that I can log as name.surname otherwise sur123.
The problem is that sending an email, the "from" address is [hidden email] and not [hidden email] until I don't edit preference options setting clearly its internet address and the Full name.

is there a way to have the "from"  address [hidden email] without editing the preferences options?

Thank You!

Bumo.

Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi, antispam, antivirus, POP3

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] using vlogin to set user preference ( internet address, Full name)

Paul Lesniewski

Bumo wrote:
> Hi, I'm using squirrelmail 1.4.4 on RH ES30, plugin vlogin 3.3.
> I set a users.dat file with 2 column. The first is for the alias name
> name.surname, the second is for its real user "sur123" so that I can log
> as name.surname otherwise sur123.
> The problem is that sending an email, the "from" address is
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> and not
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> until I don't
> edit preference options setting clearly its internet address and
> the Full name.

SM only knows one username - - the one it uses to authenticate with
IMAP.  If that is not the address used by the outside world, that's what
the options->personal preferences->email address setting is for.  There
is a plugin that will auto-populate that field for you if needed.