Quantcast

[SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

PajaP
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:10:13 +0300 (EEST), "Tomas Kuliavas"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Are there any plans to place the user dictionary into a database like what
>> has been done with the user preferences?  I have tried to find information
>> on this  on the squirrelmail website without success.
>
>Implemented in SquirrelMail 1.5.1cvs.

Is it possible to use the squirrelspell plugin from CVS in the current
stable sm?
Be nice to do this as currently the only writeable folder I need,
solely for sm, is for squirrelspell.

--
Thx
PajaP

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

Tomas Kuliavas
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:10:13 +0300 (EEST), "Tomas Kuliavas"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> Are there any plans to place the user dictionary into a database like
>>> what
>>> has been done with the user preferences?  I have tried to find
>>> information
>>> on this  on the squirrelmail website without success.
>>
>>Implemented in SquirrelMail 1.5.1cvs.
>>

> Is it possible to use the squirrelspell plugin from CVS in the current
> stable sm?
> Be nice to do this as currently the only writeable folder I need,
> solely for sm, is for squirrelspell.

checkForJavascript() function is available only in 1.5.1cvs.
functions/plugins.php.

if you don't port internal ngettext support from 1.5.1cvs, you need php
4.2.0 or newer with gettext extension.

if you solve checkForJavascript() and ngettext issues, other things should
work, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

Paul Lesniewski

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

>>>Implemented in SquirrelMail 1.5.1cvs.
>>>

>>Is it possible to use the squirrelspell plugin from CVS in the current
>>stable sm?
>>Be nice to do this as currently the only writeable folder I need,
>>solely for sm, is for squirrelspell.
>

> checkForJavascript() function is available only in 1.5.1cvs.
> functions/plugins.php.
>
> if you don't port internal ngettext support from 1.5.1cvs, you need php
> 4.2.0 or newer with gettext extension.
>
> if you solve checkForJavascript() and ngettext issues, other things should
> work, but I wouldn't bet on it.

compatibility plugin should allow the plugin to be used without making
any of these changes.... although I don't remember if
checkForJavascript() is ported yet, and the ngettext stuff is not, and
there is also a bug in the last release.

[SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

PajaP
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:34:14 -0700, Paul Lesneiwski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Tomas Kuliavas wrote:

>>>Is it possible to use the squirrelspell plugin from CVS in the current
>>>stable sm?
>>>Be nice to do this as currently the only writeable folder I need,
>>>solely for sm, is for squirrelspell.
>>

>> checkForJavascript() function is available only in 1.5.1cvs.
>> functions/plugins.php.
>>
>> if you don't port internal ngettext support from 1.5.1cvs, you need php
>> 4.2.0 or newer with gettext extension.
>>
>> if you solve checkForJavascript() and ngettext issues, other things should
>> work, but I wouldn't bet on it.
>
>compatibility plugin should allow the plugin to be used without making
>any of these changes.... although I don't remember if
>checkForJavascript() is ported yet, and the ngettext stuff is not, and
>there is also a bug in the last release.

Thanks, Thomas/Paul.
php 5.0.4 with gettext extension.
Compatibility v2.0

I have downloaded the latest 1.5.1-cvs Snapshot.
I replaced the squirrelspell folder on my test system.

I get the following error (on the compose page) when I enable display
errors. The error appears directly below the buttons (Signature,
Addresses etc).
-----
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: checkforjavascript() in
M:\https\mailtest\plugins\squirrelspell\sqspell_functions.php on line
61
-----

The check spelling button is not visible and neither is the
compose/body text box or the attachment add functionality.

I get the same error if I replace functions/plugin.php with the one
from the cvs.

Not to worry. I can live with squirrelspell using a text file for now.

--
Thx.
PajaP

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] vlogin plugin

Rob Shepherd

Thanks Paul,

I found the config item

$allVirtualDomainsAreUnderOneSSLHost,

I will experiment with what this matches at present but I've a feeling I
may alter it to provide a simple apache configuration,

I.e. Do some URL what-not on secure.example.com/webmail/*

although,

I wonder, will $notPartOfDomainName work in a similar fashion if I set it

$notPartOfDomainname = 'secure.example.com/webmail/'

This is a job for next week, i'll rpeort back

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

>>> checkForJavascript() function is available only in 1.5.1cvs.
>>> functions/plugins.php.
>>>
>>> if you don't port internal ngettext support from 1.5.1cvs, you need php
>>> 4.2.0 or newer with gettext extension.
>>>
>>> if you solve checkForJavascript() and ngettext issues, other things
>>> should
>>> work, but I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>compatibility plugin should allow the plugin to be used without making
>>any of these changes.... although I don't remember if
>>checkForJavascript() is ported yet, and the ngettext stuff is not, and
>>there is also a bug in the last release.
>>

> Thanks, Thomas/Paul.
> php 5.0.4 with gettext extension.
> Compatibility v2.0
>
> I have downloaded the latest 1.5.1-cvs Snapshot.
> I replaced the squirrelspell folder on my test system.
>
> I get the following error (on the compose page) when I enable display
> errors. The error appears directly below the buttons (Signature,
> Addresses etc).
> -----
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: checkforjavascript() in
> M:\https\mailtest\plugins\squirrelspell\sqspell_functions.php on line
> 61
> -----
>
> The check spelling button is not visible and neither is the
> compose/body text box or the attachment add functionality.
>
> I get the same error if I replace functions/plugin.php with the one
> from the cvs.
>
> Not to worry. I can live with squirrelspell using a text file for now.

my mistake. function is in other file.

open plugins/squirrelspell/sqspell_functions.php, find
checkforjavascript() call and replace it with !soupNazi() call.

 if (!soupNazi()) {

[SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

PajaP
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:37:26 +0300 (EEST), "Tomas Kuliavas"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>>>compatibility plugin should allow the plugin to be used without making
>>>any of these changes.... although I don't remember if
>>>checkForJavascript() is ported yet, and the ngettext stuff is not, and
>>>there is also a bug in the last release.
>>>

>> Thanks, Thomas/Paul.
>> php 5.0.4 with gettext extension.
>> Compatibility v2.0
>>
>> I have downloaded the latest 1.5.1-cvs Snapshot.
>> I replaced the squirrelspell folder on my test system.
>>
>> I get the following error (on the compose page) when I enable display
>> errors. The error appears directly below the buttons (Signature,
>> Addresses etc).
>> -----
>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: checkforjavascript() in
>> M:\https\mailtest\plugins\squirrelspell\sqspell_functions.php on line
>> 61
>> -----
>>
>> The check spelling button is not visible and neither is the
>> compose/body text box or the attachment add functionality.
>>
>> I get the same error if I replace functions/plugin.php with the one
>> from the cvs.
>>
>> Not to worry. I can live with squirrelspell using a text file for now.
>>

>my mistake. function is in other file.
>
>open plugins/squirrelspell/sqspell_functions.php, find
>checkforjavascript() call and replace it with !soupNazi() call.
>
> if (!soupNazi()) {

Thanks Thomas, this has now got rid of the error and all is working
except I have no 'check spelling' button.

--
Thx.
PajaP

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

Tomas Kuliavas

>>> Thanks, Thomas/Paul.
>>> php 5.0.4 with gettext extension.
>>> Compatibility v2.0
>>>
>>> I have downloaded the latest 1.5.1-cvs Snapshot.
>>> I replaced the squirrelspell folder on my test system.
>>>
>>> I get the following error (on the compose page) when I enable display
>>> errors. The error appears directly below the buttons (Signature,
>>> Addresses etc).
>>> -----
>>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: checkforjavascript() in
>>> M:\https\mailtest\plugins\squirrelspell\sqspell_functions.php on line
>>> 61
>>> -----
>>>
>>> The check spelling button is not visible and neither is the
>>> compose/body text box or the attachment add functionality.
>>>
>>> I get the same error if I replace functions/plugin.php with the one
>>> from the cvs.
>>>
>>> Not to worry. I can live with squirrelspell using a text file for now.
>>>

>>my mistake. function is in other file.
>>
>>open plugins/squirrelspell/sqspell_functions.php, find
>>checkforjavascript() call and replace it with !soupNazi() call.
>>
>> if (!soupNazi()) {
>>

> Thanks Thomas, this has now got rid of the error and all is working
> except I have no 'check spelling' button.

used browser?

can you show your changes in sqspell_functions.php?

can you restore original functions/plugin.php?

[SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

PajaP
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:34:07 +0300 (EEST), "Tomas Kuliavas"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Thanks Thomas, this has now got rid of the error and all is working
>> except I have no 'check spelling' button.
>
>used browser?
>
>can you show your changes in sqspell_functions.php?
>
>can you restore original functions/plugin.php?

Sorry Thomas, major cocukup on my part (too much commented out).
Nearly there now. Only problem is when it finds the error and brings
up the window to make changes the 'Error' and 'Change to' boxes are
blank. The only option that does anything is to 'close and cancel'.

I seem to remember I had a similar problem when I first installed
squirrelspell but not sure how I fixed it (to long ago). I have
changed the sqspell_app line to:

------------
$SQSPELL_APP = array("English" => "N:\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe -d en_GB
-a");
------------

I thought this is all I did last time but no joy now (and is the same
as my working install)
I am comparing the sqspell_config.php file from the test install and
my working install to see if I can figure this out.

Browsers are 'IE7 beta1' and 'firefox 1.0.6'.
I have replaced the original functions/plugin.php

--
Thx.
PajaP

[SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

PajaP
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:53:53 +0100, PajaP
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Nearly there now. Only problem is when it finds the error and brings
>up the window to make changes the 'Error' and 'Change to' boxes are
>blank. The only option that does anything is to 'close and cancel'.
>
>I seem to remember I had a similar problem when I first installed
>squirrelspell but not sure how I fixed it (to long ago). I have
>changed the sqspell_app line to:
>
>------------
>$SQSPELL_APP = array("English" => "N:\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe -d en_GB
>-a");
>------------

I remember now I have had the exact same problem with the last 2
versions of squirrelmail (maybe more)
Anyway what I have been doing is using the squirrelspell from version
1.4.3 or maybe even earlier.

To be honest in don't think it is worth the time or the effort to get
this working but thanks for trying.

There is a message in the archives from someone who started to use an
alternative program. I am going to look a this myself.
http://www.master-technology.com/demos/spell/index.php

--
Thx.
PajaP

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

Tomas Kuliavas
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:53:53 +0100, PajaP
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Nearly there now. Only problem is when it finds the error and brings
>>up the window to make changes the 'Error' and 'Change to' boxes are
>>blank. The only option that does anything is to 'close and cancel'.
>>
>>I seem to remember I had a similar problem when I first installed
>>squirrelspell but not sure how I fixed it (to long ago). I have
>>changed the sqspell_app line to:
>>
>>------------
>>$SQSPELL_APP = array("English" => "N:\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe -d en_GB
>>-a");
>>------------
>>

> I remember now I have had the exact same problem with the last 2
> versions of squirrelmail (maybe more)
> Anyway what I have been doing is using the squirrelspell from version
> 1.4.3 or maybe even earlier.
>
> To be honest in don't think it is worth the time or the effort to get
> this working but thanks for trying.

It works. Tested on php 4.3.10, apache2, mozilla 1.7.8, squirrelmail
1.4.6cvs and squirrelspell plugin from 1.5.1cvs with one line of code
changed.

Default plugin configuration.

I can test IIS 5.1 and IE6SP2, if you want. I am pretty sure that it does
not depend on browser and issues might be related only to aspell.exe
output differences.

[SM-PLUGINS] Re: squirrelspell plugin

PajaP
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:24:18 +0300 (EEST), "Tomas Kuliavas"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:53:53 +0100, PajaP
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> To be honest in don't think it is worth the time or the effort to get
>> this working but thanks for trying.
>
>It works. Tested on php 4.3.10, apache2, mozilla 1.7.8, squirrelmail
>1.4.6cvs and squirrelspell plugin from 1.5.1cvs with one line of code
>changed.
>
>Default plugin configuration.
>
>I can test IIS 5.1 and IE6SP2, if you want. I am pretty sure that it does
>not depend on browser and issues might be related only to aspell.exe
>output differences.

No thanks :) I can live with it as it is. I am sure it is something
unique to my system (that causes the issue) but not really all that
bothered having to use an older version of squirrelspell. Really I
just wanted this moved to mysql but don't want anyone's time wasted
(including my own) over something so trivial.

Thanks :)

--
PajaP

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] vlogin plugin

Mr R G Shepherd wrote:

> Thanks Paul,
>
> I found the config item
>
> $allVirtualDomainsAreUnderOneSSLHost,
>
> I will experiment with what this matches at present but I've a feeling I
> may alter it to provide a simple apache configuration,
>
> I.e. Do some URL what-not on secure.example.com/webmail/*
>
> although,
>
> I wonder, will $notPartOfDomainName work in a similar fashion if I set it
>
> $notPartOfDomainname = 'secure.example.com/webmail/'

Anything after the first slash is never part of the domain name of a URI
by definition, so that would not work.

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] vlogin plugin

Please keep discussion on the mailing list.

> Hmm loking at my setup now, I recall why I split to use two SM
> instances.
>
> All v'users in v'domains use CRAM password scheme in couriers own db and
> my local users use plaintext but on the https site
>
> Courier handles both sets, Can I get vlogin to adjust the
> auth-type setting per domain.
>
> (in fact, I'll set it to CRAM in the main config, then just make the one
> local domain use plain - if this can be done,)

Yes, this should work fine.  But you have to turn on $useSessionBased
and download the Multilogin plugin and apply the patch that comes with
it (you don't need to activate Multilogin, but please leave it in the
plugins directory).

 - paul

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] vlogin plugin

Rob Shepherd
Paul Lesneiwski wrote:

> Please keep discussion on the mailing list.
>

>>Hmm loking at my setup now, I recall why I split to use two SM
>>instances.
>>
>>All v'users in v'domains use CRAM password scheme in couriers own db and
>>my local users use plaintext but on the https site
>>
>>Courier handles both sets, Can I get vlogin to adjust the
>>auth-type setting per domain.
>>
>>(in fact, I'll set it to CRAM in the main config, then just make the one
>>local domain use plain - if this can be done,)
>

> Yes, this should work fine.  But you have to turn on $useSessionBased
> and download the Multilogin plugin and apply the patch that comes with
> it (you don't need to activate Multilogin, but please leave it in the
> plugins directory).
>
>  - paul

Thanks again Paul!

I got the multilogin plugin, but what I need to do is set the item

$imap_auth_mech

on a per domain basis.

Where can I acheive this?

Many thanks once again for your help. Much appreciated.

Rob
--
/**
  * Rob Shepherd,

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] vlogin plugin

Paul Lesniewski

Rob Shepherd wrote:

> Paul Lesneiwski wrote:
>
>> Please keep discussion on the mailing list.
>>

>>> Hmm loking at my setup now, I recall why I split to use two SM
>>> instances.
>>>
>>> All v'users in v'domains use CRAM password scheme in couriers own db and
>>> my local users use plaintext but on the https site
>>>
>>> Courier handles both sets, Can I get vlogin to adjust the
>>> auth-type setting per domain.
>>>
>>> (in fact, I'll set it to CRAM in the main config, then just make the one
>>> local domain use plain - if this can be done,)
>>

>> Yes, this should work fine.  But you have to turn on $useSessionBased
>> and download the Multilogin plugin and apply the patch that comes with
>> it (you don't need to activate Multilogin, but please leave it in the
>> plugins directory).
>>
>>  - paul
>

> Thanks again Paul!
>
> I got the multilogin plugin, but what I need to do is set the item
>
> $imap_auth_mech
>
> on a per domain basis.
>
> Where can I acheive this?

In vlogin.  PLEEEEAAAASE read the docs.  Read about $useSessionBased.