Quantcast

[SM-PLUGINS] Calendar or ToDo Alert Option

[SM-PLUGINS] Calendar or ToDo Alert Option

SpEnT
I was just wondering if anyone had added an alert feature to the actual calendar (or ToDo:) plugin. I've noticed some older archives where people had set up a cron job to send an alert prior to an event reaching maturity but nothing built in to the plugin yet. I guess this falls more under "Wishlist" but it would be nice to have a couple options built in if possible. 1) Specify a time period to alert (15 minutes before, 30 minutes before, 1 hour before etc) and then specify an email address to send the alert to. This way if a person had a pcs gateway or something similar, you could have it send a text message to your phone via email.

Just a thought. If no one else is working on this or if it hasn't been done already (and I just couldn't find it) I might look into doing this myself although I'm at best a bad php coder :p

Lonny

Re: [SM-PLUGINS] Calendar or ToDo Alert Option

Paul Lesniewski

SpEnT wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone had added an alert feature to the actual
> calendar (or ToDo:) plugin.

Not yet.  I do have a design of a reasonably thorough and flexible
(multiple alert mechanisms, etc) written out on paper, though.  Just no
time to implement it.  (for shared cal plugin)  Anyone have any free
time they can lend?