SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment

SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment

Josef Karliak-2
   Hi there,
   I don't say that it is an error of the SM, but does any have
problem with SM and DOC attachments in the IE any versions ? When I
click in IE to the DOC, system ask ask me to open or save. When I
choose open, I'm asked to my login and password to the email and after
that the attachment is opened. There is no problem with PDF and there
is no problem with doc or pdf in the Firefox (linux or windows).
   I tried SM 1.4.22 too, no progress. There no complains in the
apache's error log.
   Any suggestions ?
   Thanks and best regards
   Josef Karliak.

--
Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,

Re: SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment

André Z. D. A.
Can this be an issue specific to IE? Its configuration and/or Windows' things that work "better" only IE?

Forward that message to 3 email accounts that you can open on some computer in IE, in Firefox, and whatever else you want. But you can add opening it in Squirrelmail, in Hotmail interface, in Gmail interface... and any other you want to test and compare. Will it behave as your complaint here?

IE has always been the worse browser around. Viruses easily use it to infect user. Designers spend our trying to couple with its problems. Tell users to use Opera, Firefox, Seamonkey, Chromium (not Chrome!), ... there are others, but these are the best today. But since anything is better than IE... ! :)

> Hi there,
> I don't say that it is an error of the SM, but does any have
> problem with SM and DOC attachments in the IE any versions ? When I
> click in IE to the DOC, system ask ask me to open or save. When I
> choose open, I'm asked to my login and password to the email and after
> that the attachment is opened. There is no problem with PDF and there
> is no problem with doc or pdf in the Firefox (linux or windows).
> I tried SM 1.4.22 too, no progress. There no complains in the
> apache's error log.
> Any suggestions ?
> Thanks and best regards
> Josef Karliak.
>
> --
> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Re: SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment

Josef Karliak-2
   Hi,
   thanks for answer. This is IE in Win7 specific as I've figured it.
But the issue has been today/yesterday. There were, as I know, no
update, no change in the group policy in the Active directory, ...
   And - we've about 3000 computers and 4500 users - it is not
possible to force all of them another browser, as I want to :)
   I'll try to wireshark the communication between windows with IE or
firefox, I'll let you know ..
   J.K.

Cituji "André Z. D. A." <[hidden email]>:

> Can this be an issue specific to IE? Its configuration and/or
> Windows' things that work "better" only IE?
>
> Forward that message to 3 email accounts that you can open on some
> computer in IE, in Firefox, and whatever else you want. But you can
> add opening it in Squirrelmail, in Hotmail interface, in Gmail
> interface... and any other you want to test and compare. Will it
> behave as your complaint here?
>
> IE has always been the worse browser around. Viruses easily use it
> to infect user. Designers spend our trying to couple with its
> problems. Tell users to use Opera, Firefox, Seamonkey, Chromium (not
> Chrome!), ... there are others, but these are the best today. But
> since anything is better than IE... ! :)
>

>> Hi there,
>> I don't say that it is an error of the SM, but does any have
>> problem with SM and DOC attachments in the IE any versions ? When I
>> click in IE to the DOC, system ask ask me to open or save. When I
>> choose open, I'm asked to my login and password to the email and after
>> that the attachment is opened. There is no problem with PDF and there
>> is no problem with doc or pdf in the Firefox (linux or windows).
>> I tried SM 1.4.22 too, no progress. There no complains in the
>> apache's error log.
>> Any suggestions ?
>> Thanks and best regards
>> Josef Karliak.
>>
>> --
>> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
>> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
>> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
>> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
>> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
>> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Re: SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment

André Z. D. A.
Maybe the communication is ok, worth to check.

Have one more thing in yor mind that justifies the password being asked again:
1) the cookies were deleted by the browser (for whatever reason, it's his "fault")
2) when we open the login/password page of Squirrelmail, it will (sometimes) close the session of the active and valid cookies we had

> Hi,
> thanks for answer. This is IE in Win7 specific as I've figured it.
> But the issue has been today/yesterday. There were, as I know, no
> update, no change in the group policy in the Active directory, ...
> And - we've about 3000 computers and 4500 users - it is not
> possible to force all of them another browser, as I want to :)
> I'll try to wireshark the communication between windows with IE or
> firefox, I'll let you know ..
> J.K.
>
> Cituji "André Z. D. A." <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Can this be an issue specific to IE? Its configuration and/or
>> Windows' things that work "better" only IE?
>>
>> Forward that message to 3 email accounts that you can open on some
>> computer in IE, in Firefox, and whatever else you want. But you can
>> add opening it in Squirrelmail, in Hotmail interface, in Gmail
>> interface... and any other you want to test and compare. Will it
>> behave as your complaint here?
>>
>> IE has always been the worse browser around. Viruses easily use it
>> to infect user. Designers spend our trying to couple with its
>> problems. Tell users to use Opera, Firefox, Seamonkey, Chromium (not
>> Chrome!), ... there are others, but these are the best today. But
>> since anything is better than IE... ! :)
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>> I don't say that it is an error of the SM, but does any have
>>> problem with SM and DOC attachments in the IE any versions ? When I
>>> click in IE to the DOC, system ask ask me to open or save. When I
>>> choose open, I'm asked to my login and password to the email and after
>>> that the attachment is opened. There is no problem with PDF and there
>>> is no problem with doc or pdf in the Firefox (linux or windows).
>>> I tried SM 1.4.22 too, no progress. There no complains in the
>>> apache's error log.
>>> Any suggestions ?
>>> Thanks and best regards
>>> Josef Karliak.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
>>> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
>>> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
>>> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
>>> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
>>> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Re: SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment

Josef Karliak-2
   Damn him, get me Bill Gates! :)
   The issue was because of ? Guess!
   I found in the packets between mail server and Windows PC some
weird header communication named:

   This communication was right after click to an attachment and
choose "Open it" ...

   So, behind this is maybe some M$ Office integration. I went to IE,
choose "Settings" -> "Internet Options" -> "Programs". Aaaand "Editing
HTML files" is a M$ Word. After changing it to "Notepad" for example,
all is all right. Maybe sorry for confusing with the names of the tabs
or windows, I've Czech Windows, English windows may've a little bit
different descriptions...

   Hope this could be helpfull for somebody.

   Thanks and best regards
   Josef Karliak.

Cituji "André Z. D. A." <[hidden email]>:

> Maybe the communication is ok, worth to check.
>
> Have one more thing in yor mind that justifies the password being
> asked again:
> 1) the cookies were deleted by the browser (for whatever reason,
> it's his "fault")
> 2) when we open the login/password page of Squirrelmail, it will
> (sometimes) close the session of the active and valid cookies we had
>

>> Hi,
>> thanks for answer. This is IE in Win7 specific as I've figured it.
>> But the issue has been today/yesterday. There were, as I know, no
>> update, no change in the group policy in the Active directory, ...
>> And - we've about 3000 computers and 4500 users - it is not
>> possible to force all of them another browser, as I want to :)
>> I'll try to wireshark the communication between windows with IE or
>> firefox, I'll let you know ..
>> J.K.
>>
>> Cituji "André Z. D. A." <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Can this be an issue specific to IE? Its configuration and/or
>>> Windows' things that work "better" only IE?
>>>
>>> Forward that message to 3 email accounts that you can open on some
>>> computer in IE, in Firefox, and whatever else you want. But you can
>>> add opening it in Squirrelmail, in Hotmail interface, in Gmail
>>> interface... and any other you want to test and compare. Will it
>>> behave as your complaint here?
>>>
>>> IE has always been the worse browser around. Viruses easily use it
>>> to infect user. Designers spend our trying to couple with its
>>> problems. Tell users to use Opera, Firefox, Seamonkey, Chromium (not
>>> Chrome!), ... there are others, but these are the best today. But
>>> since anything is better than IE... ! :)

>> --
>> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
>> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
>> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
>> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
>> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
>> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Re: SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment

André Z. D. A.
Impressive, if this is the cause for the behavior we see here.

So it is a (another) nasty "bug" in IE and/or MS office (probably both, LOL). Better browsers, better Office ( LibreOffice, OpenOffice, and some others), , better email managers..

Now you should find solutions more easily around the web, if you still need. If you find anything that can be changed on Squirrelmail to avoid this issue, please post it here. It may not be hard to do, and maybe someone will want to do it.

See you

> Damn him, get me Bill Gates! :)
> The issue was because of ? Guess!
> I found in the packets between mail server and Windows PC some
> weird header communication named:
>
> This communication was right after click to an attachment and
> choose "Open it" ...
>
> So, behind this is maybe some M$ Office integration. I went to IE,
> choose "Settings" -> "Internet Options" -> "Programs". Aaaand "Editing
> HTML files" is a M$ Word. After changing it to "Notepad" for example,
> all is all right. Maybe sorry for confusing with the names of the tabs
> or windows, I've Czech Windows, English windows may've a little bit
> different descriptions...
>
> Hope this could be helpfull for somebody.
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Josef Karliak.
>
> Cituji "André Z. D. A." <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Maybe the communication is ok, worth to check.
>>
>> Have one more thing in yor mind that justifies the password being
>> asked again:
>> 1) the cookies were deleted by the browser (for whatever reason,
>> it's his "fault")
>> 2) when we open the login/password page of Squirrelmail, it will
>> (sometimes) close the session of the active and valid cookies we had
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> thanks for answer. This is IE in Win7 specific as I've figured it.
>>> But the issue has been today/yesterday. There were, as I know, no
>>> update, no change in the group policy in the Active directory, ...
>>> And - we've about 3000 computers and 4500 users - it is not
>>> possible to force all of them another browser, as I want to :)
>>> I'll try to wireshark the communication between windows with IE or
>>> firefox, I'll let you know ..
>>> J.K.

>>> --
>>> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
>>> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
>>> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
>>> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
>>> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
>>> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Re: SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment [hope finally SOLVED]

Josef Karliak-2
   Ehh,
   sorry for all, the issue returned after restarting IE, grrr . I
made some others observations and capturing. There are a lot of
intereng things:
   After sending "Microsoft office discovery protocol" as a "OPTIONS
/squirrelmail/src" of the http protocol and got reply "HTTP/1.1 302
Found", discovered existence of index.php and got HEAD of the
attachment, some other user agent started to communicate -
"Microsoft-webDAV-Miniredir" and OPTIONS http command (I think it is
http command lige, GET, POST, ... ) changed to PROPFIND. And again he
discovered webmail directory including index.php a few times, system
asked me to a login and password (login dialog window, not SM login).
So I disabled windows service named "Web client" and after restarting
IE, restarting windows (just to be REALLY SURE) the problem
disapeared. It is importing - the web client service must be disabled,
not only stopped. If you stop it, while "OPTIONSing" and "PROPFINDing"
the service start again and the problem has reborn :).
   But this service could be necessary for somebody, why IE try to
communicate and discovering cloud/webdav servicing, smeg knows :-/.
Any ideas ? Or there should be some options somewhere to disable this
and there is not necessary disable the service.
   Thanks and have a good day.
   Best regards
   Josef Karliak.

Cituji "André Z. D. A." <[hidden email]>:

> Impressive, if this is the cause for the behavior we see here.
>
> So it is a (another) nasty "bug" in IE and/or MS office (probably
> both, LOL). Better browsers, better Office ( LibreOffice,
> OpenOffice, and some others), , better email managers..
>
> Now you should find solutions more easily around the web, if you
> still need. If you find anything that can be changed on Squirrelmail
> to avoid this issue, please post it here. It may not be hard to do,
> and maybe someone will want to do it.
>
> See you
>

>> Damn him, get me Bill Gates! :)
>> The issue was because of ? Guess!
>> I found in the packets between mail server and Windows PC some
>> weird header communication named:
>>
>> This communication was right after click to an attachment and
>> choose "Open it" ...
>>
>> So, behind this is maybe some M$ Office integration. I went to IE,
>> choose "Settings" -> "Internet Options" -> "Programs". Aaaand "Editing
>> HTML files" is a M$ Word. After changing it to "Notepad" for example,
>> all is all right. Maybe sorry for confusing with the names of the tabs
>> or windows, I've Czech Windows, English windows may've a little bit
>> different descriptions...
>>
>> Hope this could be helpfull for somebody.
>>
>> Thanks and best regards
>> Josef Karliak.
>>
>> Cituji "André Z. D. A." <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Maybe the communication is ok, worth to check.
>>>
>>> Have one more thing in yor mind that justifies the password being
>>> asked again:
>>> 1) the cookies were deleted by the browser (for whatever reason,
>>> it's his "fault")
>>> 2) when we open the login/password page of Squirrelmail, it will
>>> (sometimes) close the session of the active and valid cookies we had

>> --
>> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
>> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
>> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
>> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
>> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
>> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Re: SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment [hope finally SOLVED]

André Z. D. A.
I'm really surprised with all of this! But I can't help you more. No ideas. If disabling the service isn't a viable option for you... I don't know.

Lets see if someone else here has any idea. But since this isn't a Squirrelmail problem, I guess it would be too lucky now.

If you don't find the info around the web, try some help forums, detail your findings for them.

Regards,

Andre'

> [...]
>>> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
>>> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
>>> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
>>> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
>>> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
>>> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

> Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
> DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,
> zacnete pouzivat metody overeni puvody emailu zminene vyse. Dekuji.
> My domain use SPF (www.openspf.org) and DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP)
> policy and check. If you've problem with sending emails to me, start
> using email origin methods mentioned above. Thank you.

Re: SM 1.4.10-22 and problem in IE with openning DOC attachment [hope finally SOLVED]

   Yes,
   this is not a problem of SM, I mailed to mailinglist for some other
users in case they should have a same problem too.  :)
   If I found something else, I'll let you know.
   Best regards
   J.Karliak