jimmy cho
Hi,

squirrelmail  *Stable version snapshots* *(1.4.23-svn)*
squirrelmail-20150817_0200-SVN.stable.tar.gz

Centos 7
php 5.4
postfix 2.10
dovecot-2.2.10

The Sender is  [hidden email]
cc list is   " tanker" <[hidden email]>,
<[hidden email]>,
"Alk Rt" <[hidden email]>,
     "Chine Kh" <[hidden email]>
 Email is addressed to  [hidden email]

When the reply all selection is made

The To: field is populated with

"tanker" <[hidden email]>,   <[hidden email]>,    "Alk Rt"
<[hidden email]>,
     "Chine Kh" <[hidden email]>

which are the CC adddresses  in the  email.

The sender  [hidden email]   is  not in the  To: field.

One issue seem in the email header is the  Reply-To is set with
[hidden email].  When another webmail client is used,  the sender email
is place in the To: field.

When the squirrelmail 1.4.22 version is used,  the    [hidden email]
is place in the To:  field  and the cc addresses are placed in the CC:
filed.  The sender address   [hidden email]  cannot be found.

Hope the information is enough to work on

rgds

Jimmy

Re: Reply All does not include the Sender email address.

Paul Lesniewski
On 8/17/15, jimmy cho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> squirrelmail  *Stable version snapshots* *(1.4.23-svn)*
> squirrelmail-20150817_0200-SVN.stable.tar.gz
>
> Centos 7
> php 5.4
> postfix 2.10
> dovecot-2.2.10
>
> The Sender is  [hidden email]

Please send full headers.  "Sender" without more context is ambiguous.

> cc list is   " tanker" <[hidden email]>,
> <[hidden email]>,
> "Alk Rt" <[hidden email]>,
>      "Chine Kh" <[hidden email]>
>  Email is addressed to  [hidden email]
>
> When the reply all selection is made
>
> The To: field is populated with
>
> "tanker" <[hidden email]>,   <[hidden email]>,    "Alk Rt"
> <[hidden email]>,
>      "Chine Kh" <[hidden email]>
>
> which are the CC adddresses  in the  email.
>
> The sender  [hidden email]   is  not in the  To: field.
>

> One issue seem in the email header is the  Reply-To is set with
> [hidden email].  When another webmail client is used,  the sender email
> is place in the To: field.

Then perhaps your bug report should go to the other webmail system
that does not respect the Reply-To header.  Sounds like SquirrelMail
is doing exactly what it should, at least guessing without seeing all
the details.

> When the squirrelmail 1.4.22 version is used,  the    [hidden email]
> is place in the To:  field

So I'll guess that the account you're logged into is
[hidden email] (but it's your job to tell me things like that).
If that's the case, you can look at the setting: Options==>Display
Preferences==>Include Me in CC when I Reply All

> and the cc addresses are placed in the CC:
> filed.  The sender address   [hidden email]  cannot be found.

See above.

Re: Reply All does not include the Sender email address.

jimmy cho
Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

Yes  squirrelmail account is   [hidden email]
<[hidden email]>

logged in as the  user sales.     the email  is from the sender
[hidden email] .  The mail header is

Subject: Tango: Final Outstanding
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:10:16 -0000
<[hidden email]>
<003001ce73a0$55c41b00$014c5100$@ewliner.com>
<B1F64A67DE10644C8CBA4A63E0166F118BAED4D6@uk-site0-ex01>
<002401ce73e8$c70e67a0$552b36e0$@ewliner.com>
<[hidden email]>
<010001ce7622$85280080$8f780180$@ewliner.com>
<[hidden email]>
<011901ce77b3$255c2450$70146cf0$@ewliner.com>
From: <[hidden email]>
To: "Sales" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "purchase tanker" <[hidden email]>,
     <[hidden email]>,
     "Alk Rt" <[hidden email]>,
     "Chine Kh" <[hidden email]>

Problem is when reply-all is selected,  the sender

[hidden email]

is not  listed  in the To: field   only the  cc addresses.    The email was
sent and the  sender never got  the reply because the user did not spot the
missing   [hidden email]  address.   I  agreed the email  header is
defective because of  the  erroneous Reply-To:  .  But  the  From: field
entry    [hidden email]  should be in the To:  field  in the reply  email
compose page.

rgds

Jimmy

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Paul Lesniewski <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]

> logged in as the  user sales.     the email  is from the sender
> [hidden email] .  The mail header is

> Subject: Tango: Final Outstanding
> Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:10:16 -0000
> <[hidden email]>
> <003001ce73a0$55c41b00$014c5100$@ewliner.com>
> <B1F64A67DE10644C8CBA4A63E0166F118BAED4D6@uk-site0-ex01>
> <002401ce73e8$c70e67a0$552b36e0$@ewliner.com>
> <[hidden email]>
> <010001ce7622$85280080$8f780180$@ewliner.com>
> <[hidden email]>
> <011901ce77b3$255c2450$70146cf0$@ewliner.com>
> <[hidden email]>
> <[hidden email]>
> From: <[hidden email]>
> To: "Sales" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: "purchase tanker" <[hidden email]>,
>      <[hidden email]>,
>      "Alk Rt" <[hidden email]>,
>      "Chine Kh" <[hidden email]>
>

> Problem is when reply-all is selected,  the sender

Because there is a Reply-To in the original message.

> only the  cc addresses.    The email was
> sent and the  sender never got  the reply because the user did not spot the
> missing   [hidden email]  address.   I  agreed the email  header is
> defective because of  the  erroneous Reply-To:  .  But  the  From: field
> entry    [hidden email]  should be in the To:  field  in the reply  email
> compose page.

According to who?  Can you show the part of the RFC that requires
this?  I don't believe it's specifically defined, but I think the
expectation is that a user will specify a Reply-To precisely because
they do not want a reply to go to the From address.

FWIW, Thunderbird behaves exactly the same.  I think your other
webmail client is the non-standard outlier.

Re: Reply All does not include the Sender email address.

Wm Mussatto
On Mon, August 17, 2015 22:17, jimmy cho wrote:

> [...]

>> that does not respect the Reply-To header.  Sounds like SquirrelMail
>> is doing exactly what it should, at least guessing without seeing all
>> the details.
>>
>> > When the squirrelmail 1.4.22 version is used,  the
>> [hidden email]
>> > is place in the To:  field
>>
>> So I'll guess that the account you're logged into is
>> [hidden email] (but it's your job to tell me things like that).
>> If that's the case, you can look at the setting: Options==>Display
>> Preferences==>Include Me in CC when I Reply All
>>
>> > and the cc addresses are placed in the CC:
>> > filed.  The sender address   [hidden email]  cannot be found.
>>
>> See above.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Lesniewski
>> SquirrelMail Team
>> Please support Open Source Software by donating to SquirrelMail!

Reply-TO: exists explicitly to force replies to go to that address.
Emails generated from Web Forms have to use the web user as the FROM
address to pass through anti-spam filters, but when the person receiving
the email replies they expect the mail to go back to the person who filled
out the form not the computer.  Any other result causes problems.
<RANT>They had to invent a special header 'X-Sender:' to deal with the
defective programs which ignore the Reply-To field in favor of the FROM
field.</RANT>

------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer