Re: [SM-USERS] php accelerator

Tomas Kuliavas
http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-6.html

> Oh by the way, i would like to know is it good to setup imapproxy to speed
> things up especially when my imap server is the same as smtp? pls advice.
>

> On Fri, September 16, 2005 10:53 am, zamri said:
>> thanks ricardo,
>>
>>  my imap server is on the same box. I'll check it out later. FYI, the
>> accelerator also eliminates my other problem. See sudo issues on this
>> mailing list.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> On Thu, September 15, 2005 9:58 pm, Ricardo Stella said:
>>>
>>> If you haven't looked at one yet, also try imapproxy, specially if your
>>> imap server is hosted on a different box than your webmail server...
>>>
>>> My .02...

Re: [SM-USERS] php accelerator

Ricardo Stella

zamri wrote:

>thanks ricardo,
>
> my imap server is on the same box. I'll check it out later. FYI, the
>accelerator also eliminates my other problem. See sudo issues on this
>mailing list.

If it's on the same box, imapproxy won't do any good, AFAIK...

Ricardo.

--

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

stella.vcf (154 bytes) Download Attachment

RE: [SM-USERS] php accelerator

Marc Powell

Sure it will. No matter where the imap server is located imapproxy will
still do its connection pooling to it which is its primary purpose.

--
Marc

RE: [SM-USERS] php accelerator

WJCarpenter-4
>> If it's on the same box, imapproxy won't do any good, AFAIK...
>
> Sure it will. No matter where the imap server is located imapproxy will
> still do its connection pooling to it which is its primary purpose.

There are several IMAP proxy programs around.  Some of them only do request forwarding, in
which case there's no benefit on a single box.  At least one (UP IMAPProxy) also does
connection pooling, and that is beneficial on a single box.

Re: [SM-USERS] php accelerator

zamri
no. it does help. i can see faster response time. AFAIK, it's just proxy
the imap conection be it on the same box or not which results in faster
response time.  i also installed caching-nameserver to speed up dns
queries.

Well that's my $0.02 since i'm not a guru.Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Muhd Zamri Muhd Suharini
System Administrator