Re: Mail_fetch shows fetch date, not message date

Re: Mail_fetch shows fetch date, not message date

Brian
> *** Updated Topic ***
> After building a wheezy 7.8 box (XEN VM) this seems to be a new issue,
or
> I've missed something I did with my last install (10+ years ago). All
was

> installed with apt-get.
> SquirrelMail version: 1.4.23 [SVN]
> Config file version: 1.4.0
> Config file last modified: 29 September 2015 10:45:38
> Checking PHP configuration...
>     PHP version 5.4.41-0+deb7u1 OK.
>     Running as www-data(33) / www-data(33)
>     display_errors:
>     error_reporting: 22527
>     variables_order OK: GPCS.
>     PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.
> Checking paths...
>     Data dir OK.
>     Attachment dir OK.
>     Plugins OK.
>     Themes OK.
>     Default language OK.
>     Base URL detected as: https://mail.texnet.com/src (location base
> autodetected)
> Checking outgoing mail service....
>     SMTP server OK (220 mail.texnet.com ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU))
> Checking IMAP service....
>     IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN
> NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL
ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2011 Double
Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.)
>     Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION
STARTTLS

> Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
>      gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must
> have appropriate system locales compiled.
>      mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
>      recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
>      iconv - Iconv functions are available.
>      timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
> Checking database functions...
>     not using database functionality.
> Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!
> Plugins
>   Installed Plugins
>     1. view_as_html
>     2. calendar
>     3. mail_fetch
>     4. message_details
>     5. compatibility
>     6. smallcal
>     7. filters
>     8. bug_report
> apache2:
>   Installed: 2.2.22-13+deb7u4
> Also installed is mailscanner (deb http://apt.baruwa.org/debian wheezy
main) and spamassassin, postfix is configured via mysql DB
> Not sure how to get to the "bug_report" plugin ;~(>
> TIA

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the included mail_fetch to show the
date of the email rather than the date I ran "fetch"?

I would have expected some answers after a week ;~(>

BTW, I pop mail off gmail, if that was the issue posted earlier.

Server:ssl://pop.gmail.com
Port:995

believed to be clean.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Mail_fetch shows fetch date, not message date

André Z. D. A.
I also expected it, and would like to help you. But I don't use this plugin.

Your steps seems more than the minimal reasonable. Everything you sent does not show any obvious problem. And the more meaninful thing I can find is that plugin's page (https://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=17) says it is *obsolete*! But don't explain the reason for this obsolescence, or (assume a reason for it to be obsolete) which other plugin it was substituted for.

The "fetchmail" mentioned in the above page may be the one below. Version 0.4 since 2001, though!! I really would not risk it, but you may test that and tell us each problem or doubt you have (small or not!).

https://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=50

Well, ...